PDA

View Full Version : Hurray for Hornady!!

Winger Ed.
05-27-2012, 03:47 AM
On a whim, I wanted to replace just the clear plastice tube on my Hornady powder measure.
Since none of the usual suspects sell just the tube seperately:
Not wanting to drive all over DFW looking for a 12-15" piece of plastice tube the exact right size-
especially without having to buy either 20 or 50 feet of it----
I just called Hornady, and asked to buy the right replacement part already cut to the right and manageable size.

I told the nice (customer service) lady,
"I'd like to buy another clear plastic tube for my old, 1983 issue Powder Measure
that I got as part of a kit when I bought a single stage Hornady press reloading kit".

I told her straight up,,,,,,,,,
"This thing is about 30 years old. With all the duct tape I have on it, it still works- cracks & all.
But after moving it back & forth from its mount to my 1988 issue 007 Progressive,
and after about 250-300 pounds of powder being poured through it,
the tube is so dark, ya can't see how much powder is in it without looking down from the top.

This isn't a warranty claim,,,,,,,
I'm more than willing to pay for a new tube. Its just that nobody carries them".

She laughed, and told me,
"Well, we don't have many calls for those..............
So a price for them really isn't in the system. How about if I just send ya one?
The guys in the shop will have to modify a new style tube for it to fit, so it'll be a couple weeks before you get it".

--------Hmmm,,,, Pause a moment to scratch bald head a few times,,,,
(Thinking to myself)-- I've never had a problem paying, or working for anything I've ever gotten...

Then I told her,
"OK,,, If I can't buy it, How about I donate $20 to the NRA in Hornady's name"?

I swear I could see her smile-- even over the 'phone when,,,,, she said, "Perfect".

Is that just too cool or what?
Oh yeah,,, it came in the Mail today,
and even with the original retainer screw holes- in EXACTLY the right places..

dauntlessdave
05-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Love stories with happy endings. I've always been very satisfied with Hornady's customer service but this one is one step beyond.

RKJ
05-27-2012, 05:31 AM
Hornady is a very good company and you sound like a good man. Good for both of you.

Moonman
05-27-2012, 03:20 PM
+1 for Hornady's Customer Service, something missing by way too many companies today.

LUBEDUDE
05-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Liked hearing that.

Thanks for sharing.

latesvak
05-28-2012, 06:48 PM
good story and man o man i love the help i have always gotten from them . A+ customer service in my book

latesvak

smoked turkey
05-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Good info to remember when purchasing shooting stuff. Hornady has been doing a lot of good things for us shooters out there. They apparantly have good people in the right places who are empowered to treat the customer the way they should be treated. A company that treats its customers right usually makes it alright.