PDA

View Full Version : lubersizer

lead chucker
05-26-2012, 01:19 AM
I know nothing about Lubersizers and read where guys melt the lube and pour it in. What kind is that? It would seem that if you are making your own lube this would be the way to go, otherwise you would have to get the lube sticks. Also if you can pour the lube in does Felix lube work in them it's not a real hard lube so I wouldn't think you would need a heater. I'm thinking about getting one I have been using the lee push through it works it's a couple step process the way I do it. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

dromia
05-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Melt and pour is how I fill lubrisizers a lot less messy than trying to jam the hollow sticks in so long as I keep a steady hand. ;)

It is the Lyman/RCBS/SAECO/Star types with lube reservoirs that you do this with.

Most lubes will work in them with out a heater, lubes that require heat usually say so.

You can easily heat the sizer up with a hair dryer, light bulb home made flat iron heated base plate, if needs be usually it doesn't take much heat to get hard lubes flowing unless you are in subzero temperatures.

I just stick to softer lubes as i have no need of a hard lube except Carnauba Red which I find can need a little heat sometimes just to get it going.

41 mag fan
05-26-2012, 08:42 AM
I make Bens Red. Actually have made Bens Red. I have enough to lube 50k+ of boolits. I keep a pyrex with some in it, melt it on my hotplate, then pour it in my LAM II.
Theres a sticky on here about making a jig to make your own sticks. Right now I find it just as easy to melt and pour.
That might change if I do a boo boo spill.

Just as a side note, my friend Jim brought to to my attention.

If you heat in a pyrex like I do over a hotplate, make sure you put it on low. It takes me about 30-45 min to get it to fully melt.
melting to fast will result in the pyrex shattering, causing a major mess or injury from a potential burn.

L Ross
05-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Not a boo hoo spill, but did you know if you pour hot lube into you star to just above the air bleed hole then aggressively shove the plunger assembly in you can shoot lube clear across a reloading room? ;>)

Duke

Jim
05-26-2012, 09:31 AM
not a boo hoo spill, but did you know if you pour hot lube into you star to just above the air bleed hole then aggressively shove the plunger assembly in you can shoot lube clear across a reloading room? ;>)

duke

That's hilarious!!

dragonrider
05-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Not a boo hoo spill, but did you know if you pour hot lube into you star to just above the air bleed hole then aggressively shove the plunger assembly in you can shoot lube clear across a reloading room? ;>)

Duke

Yea I found out about that nifty little trick, took a little while to clean that up [smilie=b:

05-26-2012, 10:56 AM
I buy different types of solid stick lube, mix and melt for different applications, and pour into dedicated lubrisizers.

dodgyrog
05-27-2012, 04:20 AM

Duke

I've done that a few times!!! :oops:

Dennis Eugene
05-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by L Ross

Duke Ha ha ha yes I have lube on my reloading room wall older than most of my Grandchildren. Dennis

L Ross
05-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks guys, misery loves company. I'll clean it up some year, off white walls, cream colored lube.

Duke