PDA

View Full Version : Well the Sweet 22 Scope sighted in flawlessly

jh45gun
05-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Not a problem at all. BUT I had taken my Tasco Target scope off my 22 because it was too high in power for me to shoot silhouette with I did not care for the high power magnification 10x40X So I mounted it on my 30-06 for shooting cast bullets. Got that sighted in at 50 yards and moved to a 100 yards and moved the power ring to 20x shot at a `100 got that sighted in and tried to move the ring back to 10x and the damn thing is frozen it will not budge. So now got to call Tasco on Tues and find out about sending it back for warranty work. Ticks me off I paid a 150 dollars for this scope not expensive but not cheap either

jh45gun
05-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Fortunately it has a life time warranty but not sure if I will get stuck for shipping or not.

LAH
05-26-2012, 06:29 AM
You can probably haggle out of the postage.

jh45gun
05-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Hope so

redneckdan
05-26-2012, 10:03 AM
I have had one of the BSA 4x air rifle scopes on my 22 mossberg 144 for about 10 years now. Never had an issue and have hit pretty much everything I have pointed it at.

jh45gun
05-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Good to know

Maven
05-26-2012, 12:49 PM
jh45gun, Like reneckdan, I have a BSA 2 x7 adjustable objective air rifle scope on my .22cal. rifle and have had no problems with it at all: Clear optics, holds windage and elevation settings extremely well. All in all, an excellent scope. As for the Tasco warranty, you'll pay postage + a fee ($35?) for them to examine the scope and tell you what's needed to repair it. However, they only warrant their repairs for 90 days, which doesn't inspire confidence in their workmanship. A couple of years ago, my 3 x 9 World Class scope gave up the ghost so I sent it to Tasco for an estimate. It turned out to be so expensive I told them to keep it and purchased a Leupold 3 x 9 from Graf & Son's with my C & R license for not much more than Tasco's fees.

jh45gun
05-26-2012, 03:26 PM
I seen where you may have to pay them ten dollars for shipping evidently you did not holler enough LOL how old was that scope?

The Card says I have to call them and tell them the date code on the scope it was bought last year. I will tell them you try to screw me I will spread bad news about your customer service and your ****ty scope all over the net something no company wants. If they treat me right fine I will tell every one they back their products and have great service but if not I will holler loud and all over. I doubt they want that with the internet these days we can impact things a lot easier then before.

buck1
05-26-2012, 11:39 PM
My bsa scope that was broke cost me $10.00 to get it back. Even though it came broke nib. Took 3 months too.

jh45gun
05-27-2012, 04:09 AM
My bsa scope that was broke cost me $10.00 to get it back. Even though it came broke nib. Took 3 months too.

Well the issue here is not my BSA it is my Tasco.

45FP
05-27-2012, 10:51 PM
I had been looking at getting a Tasco 22 scope, think I'll wait to see how they handle your issue before getting it now.

jh45gun
05-28-2012, 04:08 AM
As soon as I find out something I will post it. If this was a 30 to 40 dollar scope I would not be upset and I have had Tasco scopes in the past with no issues. But this sucker cost me a 150 dollars to buy on a recommendation it would be a good silhouette scope for my 22 rifle .Well so far wrong on both counts too much magnification in my opinion to shoot off hand with and now it is broke and needs to be sent back which is a hassle and gonna cost me more in shipping. Plus the fact I sold a rifle to pay for this scope which now kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the whole deal. I hope when it is all said and done I will be treated ok and it will all come out all right. Hopefully the BSA Sweet 22 scope will live up to expectations.

jh45gun
05-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Well it turns out that Tasco is under the Bushnell umbrella. Said to send it back insured and put a letter in the box saying what happened and what the issue is. Plus send 10 dollars for return shipping. Ticks me off I got to pay return shipping for their scope since it is defective.

leadman
05-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Glad Tasco is going to take care of it for you.

I bought a BSA Sweet 22 from the Sportsman's guide for $35 and it works great. I ordered a Sweet 223 3 weeks ago but it is on backorder, expected to ship June 25!. This is only $53 so I guess I can wait.
I have a Cabela's scope like the BSA on my 17HMR.

jh45gun
05-31-2012, 03:41 AM
Well I still got some issues to address to them mostly about the shipping. I guess we will see what happens.

jh45gun
06-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Well got a card from Bushnell with a Repair Number said to go online and check the status of the repair I got this message: Repair Status: Replacement Item on Order. So it looks like they are gonna replace it with a new one which is what I asked for. Good for them on that count anyway.

jh45gun
06-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Well update on the scope after waiting a while I called Bushnell this morning to see whats up. Seems like the new scope was on back order. Well to honest after getting it I figured 10x x40 was really over kill anyway so I asked if they could replace it with an other scope. They said sure so I am getting a Tasco Varmint 6x24 x42 with a mil dot reticule instead of the target dot. Losing a bit of money on the deal because the larger scope cost more but to me was not as handy as a lower power scope .The new one has a life time warranty also. The guy at Bushnell said the lower price was not because of quality but the size of the glass makes it more expensive and I suppose the higher power. Never used a mil dot before looking forward to trying it out.

jh45gun
06-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Well the new scope came but it is not going on a rimfire it will be going on my converted (Straight pull bolt action by disconnecting the gas port) 742 3006 shooting cast bullets long distances.

GT27
07-13-2012, 11:52 AM

This is my experience with BSA...twice,and never again!!!! GT27

jh45gun
07-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Well the reviews on the Sweet 22 look good at all the places that reviewed them I guess we will see.

Ben
07-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I've purchased some cheap scopes in my time.............No more, however !

Ben

jh45gun
07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I've purchased some cheap scopes in my time.............No more, however !

Ben

So have I for about 45 years and I never had a problem until that Target Tasco went south and that was one of their higher end scopes. I have had cheap Tasco scopes that worked flawlessly along with Bushnell,Simmons, Swift and NC Star. never had a problem with any of them. Yea I do have one Leupold and the only reason I got that is I bought it at a rummage sale for 28 bucks. Nothing wrong with it but I sent it to Leupold to make sure. They put new guts in it and sent it back to me. It is a MK 8 compact 4X that I have on my Henry 22 Mag.