PDA

View Full Version : Forster Products case trimmer for large Cartridges

The Double D
05-24-2012, 09:22 PM
For the past year, without much luck, I have been trying to convince Forster Products to adapt their case trimmer to work 577/450 Martini, .577 Snider and 577 2 3/4" NE cases. It is hard to convince companies that there is a great enough demand to set up and make tooling for our hobby. Those of us who have been around this hobby a while are very familiar with battle we had just trying to get a reasonable priced set reloading dies for the Martini that really would work with most rifles.

Since then we have been able to get many more in the industry on board. We now have brass, bullet moulds and loading dies available. And of course we have the rifles in good supply from IMA and Atlanta Cutlery via the Nepalese cache.

One thing we do not have is good brass working tools. Most of us have have all cobbled together stuff that works. But what is needed is a dedicated tool to do the job.

I talked today to Forster. They do not think there is enough interest to justify tooling up to make us a trimmer. We need to show them that there is a need.

I have directed them to this forum so they can see we are legitimate.

I also told them I would have you guys send them email asking for them to make us a trimmer. They said if they get enough email to demonstrate there is a real market they will take this request seriously.

So in order to be heard we need for you to do three things: send an email to Forster Products, vote in poll, and spread the word to others about this project:

info@forsterproducts.com

and

rrruch@gmail.com

In your email ask Forster to make a case trimmer to work the Snider, Martini and what ever big old British cartridges you use. If you make you own cases tell them what tools you currently use to cut and form cases. If you just reload tell them how you trim cases.

It does not matter where you are in the world, send an email and be heard.

The Double D
06-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Just bringing this back the top. Thought I set it up as a poll.

Take minute to help out and send Forster and email.

dromia
06-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Email sent Douglas.

dromia
06-16-2012, 02:41 AM
I got this reply:

"
Thank you for your interest in having Forster Products make another larger model of case trimmer to handle the old British 577 Cartridges. This is something we will definitely consider later on this fall or winter.

In the next week or so we have plans on updating our 577 Snider and 577-450 Martini Henry information pages on our website. At that time we will send you a link to the pages and ask that you please review and provide us with feedback or corrections that you feel would be useful or important for these calibers.

We appreciate your interest in our products.

Thank you,

Dee
Forster Products
310 E Lanark Ave
Lanark IL 61046"