PDA

View Full Version : cnn.com poll

Gussy
04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
CNN has a poll on gun control preventing violence. CNN.com news, go vote, pass it along.
Gus

bsibjr
04-17-2007, 01:18 PM
ABC news has a similar poll, could not find the one on cnn ??

Gussy
04-17-2007, 02:01 PM
I don't have the exact address, my book mark says cnn.com-breaking news, quick poll.

Where's the ABC one?
Gus

bsibjr
04-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Its www.abcnews.com, scroll down about half way and you will see "VOTE, is shooting grounds for gun control?" , it also tells you up to date numbers.

Obsolete
04-17-2007, 02:40 PM
http://abcnews.go.com

It's in the " Be Seen , Be Heard section " right there on that page. As of this hour the poll results look real good !

**oneshot**
04-17-2007, 04:14 PM
better than 2 to 1 vote NO! as of 4:15pm. This is a real good sign of where we stand.

SharpsShooter
04-17-2007, 04:25 PM
better than 2 to 1 vote NO! as of 4:15pm. This is a real good sign of where we stand.

You have that right. I just voted the abc poll, but did not have any luck locating the CNN one.

Where is Wills when you need a link.

SS

DLCTEX
04-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Spent a good bit of time looking for CNN poll, no luck. DALE

GrizzLeeBear
04-17-2007, 05:02 PM
CNN one has been changed to a question on campus security. If you click on it, it will take you to where you can see past polls. The one on passing new gun control was 44% for, 56% against. So, still in our favor, but not as much as the ABC poll is running.

Gussy
04-17-2007, 05:05 PM
I just went back to get an exact address and found it changed too. I think they changed it quickly as it didn't fit their agenda,
Gus

Bigjohn
04-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I am no longer amazed as to how quickly they get these polls going after such a tragic incident.

It certainly makes one think of conspiracy theories.

And as one member here has as his signature line; I would be asking any politician what he plans to do that he cannot do until we have been disarmed.

As the information surfaces, it appears that the early signals the shooter was broadcasting were not dealt with seriously.

So sad that he managed to take the lives of so many young people so easily. My thoughts are with the families of those victims.

John.

P.S. The B@$&@^d$ are at it already over here as well. The media here have their polls going also. They like to play on peoples emotions.

J.

Just a note to show how this incident has had world wide effects.

The media here in Australia have also jumped on the 'Bandwagon' and put up their own poll.

The question they are asking is; Have Australia's Gun Laws made the Nation Safer?

IMO This question is a bit of a double edged sword as the obvious answer is NO; which could leave to a push for stronger laws.

John.

357maximum
04-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Imagine if one of the victims/intended victims was a ccw permit holder and was armed with his carry gun and had the moxy/training to use it....the deaths could have been severely minimized or prevented altogether...when will the world wake up and realize "world peace" will never work until they spell it right....world piece.

I'd like to buy the world a gun(old coke jingle)....6 billion of em, then bullshiiiistuff like this would never happen again....think how safe and sane the world would be if everyone was armed at all times.....you would never get rid of all crimes of passion, but innocent people/kids and grannys purse would be a hell of a lot safer....the only reason thugs get away with shtuff like this is beacause the world allows it as well as promotes all the criminal activity. If everyone had a sidearm there would be no use for lawyers/politicians/peace officers...etc...etc...etc....

preventing these travesties is fairly simple sh** people, when will the gunhaters realize it??? ignorance must be really blissfull...

leftiye
04-17-2007, 10:43 PM
To call what all of these "journalists" (they don't even live up to that) produce (oh, yes they produce it or manufacture it. Heaven forbid they should report the truth or the facts) news is getting to be an extreme stretch of the sensibilities. Call it what is is; they have a political agenda. They do these polls, and if the poll doesn't come out right is it ever seen on the news? Everyone nowadays has their own "little religion" and they try to make everyone over in the image that they prefer. We're getting so lockstep that one wonders if any of them can think anyore.

454PB
04-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Here's a screenshot of the poll results.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4213/abcpollwr0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Boz330
04-18-2007, 08:56 AM
I didn't see this and posted a link to the ABC Poll.
Is it just me or did the wording to the no vote statement hit anyone else the wrong way? Like if you don't care about human life vote here.:confused:

Bob

monadnock#5
04-18-2007, 10:17 AM
No, it's not just you Bob. Polls are always skewed to get the response the poll taker is looking for.

If you want to know what's behind these massacres, it's not guns, lunatics or state and federal laws. It's the MEDIA.

By now everyone on the planet knows how to get their fifteen minutes of fame.

Ken

Crash_Corrigan
04-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Picture this: Osama Bin Laden sends over 50 four person teams from rag head land to us via Mexico. Most of them should get through. He has them meet in various locations in the SW to obtain some serious M 16 type semi autos with a large supply of mags and ammo. Equipped with serious weaponry and using rented cars the teams scatter across the entire country. On a specified time and date these teams go into the largest shopping malls that they can find and open up on our wives, girlfriends, kids and us who are shopping. Each team should be able to take out 50 or more Americans before the police arrive. Imagine the chaos that would ensue. This country would be terrorized and demand we leave IRAQ etc. However if enough folks had CCW's and the intestinal fortitude to use them it would end really soon. It is not the guns that kill people it is the people who have guns and can prey on unarmed people who kill people.