PDA

View Full Version : Got my BSA 22 Sweet scope today

jh45gun
05-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Looks good to me I will sight it in on Fri. Bore sighted it in with a Bushnell Laser Bore Sighter. Looks well made the optics are clear and sharp. Comes with screw in caps to protect the lens which is nice.

shooterg
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Bought 2 of these from SG, "refurbished". Haven't mounted on anything yet, tell us how yours works out. Probably won't be shooting too much at the 175 yard setting though !

jh45gun
05-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Well I am putting it on my 22 I use for Silhouette shooting and the first scope I bought was a Target model Tasco 10x40 50MM scope and it just was too much magnification for me shooting offhand. So I bought this Sweet Scope. I think it will be just fine I think holding offhand a 3x9 scope will be a lot easier then holding offhand a 10x40 scope. The issue is I know the movement is gonna be the same that does not change but the lesser power does not magnify it so much so you do not over compensate as much.

buck1
05-24-2012, 10:50 PM
I am thinking of getting one of these sweets. Please do let us know how it does. Thanks...Buck

cummins05
05-24-2012, 10:54 PM
I have a BSA sweet 17 on my 17 hmr and I love it a very ice scope new lost zero yet

Hamish
05-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Tried a quick sight in the other day and the stinking thing got dark going up in mag. and all of a sudden was off the paper.

Bought the .22 awhile back and then ran across alot of mixed reports about them. It seems to be a crapshoot wether you will get junk or decent.

jh45gun
05-24-2012, 11:49 PM
I moved mine from 3x to 9 x and it stayed perfectly clear We will see tomorrow when I shoot it.

Most of the places that sell them that have reviews have shown mostly positive reviews I think once in a while you might get a bad one but they have a life time warranty so how can you go wrong? I have seen mixed reports about a lot of products I think some folks give bad reports on some things just to be a PITA with out ever trying one or owning one. Internet BS which I think happens. I have a 22 Mag Henry that is a very nice rifle but when I was gonna buy one the arm chair experts said they are no good and will never last well these guys were the guys who owned Marlin or Winchester lever 22's and did not want to see a new player in the market. Well the Win 9422 is no more and Marlin does not really sell that many 39's that I see or at least puts that many out in the market and Henry is going strong.

jeepguy242
05-25-2012, 01:07 AM
i never will understand why somebody would put one of these, or an ncstar scope on a rifle, i had 3 back in the day, gave all of them away, you could spend an extra 150-200 and have a 4x16 SWFA scope that will put these to shame

i sure hope yours were better than mine...

jh45gun
05-25-2012, 03:28 AM
So you did not learn your lesson then the with the first scope? WE will see and like I said Life time warranty if I get a bad one it will go back to BSA. Back in the day when was that? Maybe at one time they had some clunkers made from some other country now they are made in China and a hell of a lot of optics are coming from there that are decent optics no matter if you like china or not. China can make some good products just as they can some poor ones just like any other country and yes that includes the good ol USA too. I have seen some stuff with the so called union label that was junk. Like I said I have seen lots of good reviews on these from folks that own them. Yes I have seen some bad reviews too but Anyone can say anything on the net and get by with it. Well not Frank maybe LOL. Is it a Leupold no but I suspect it will serve my purposes just fine.

leadman
05-31-2012, 12:24 AM
If you read the reviews real good sometimes the poster is not even on the right product. Things like the wrong features or power are a tip.

jh45gun
05-31-2012, 03:36 AM
Yea like every thing you got to take it with a grain of salt and make your decision.

Artful
06-01-2012, 01:10 PM
I have a couple of BSA scopes (Cat's eye model) and they work well - have one mounted on my FAL in 308 and it's stood up just fine.