PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 39A Missing Parts?

Uncle Grinch
05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
I picked up a Marlin 39A or maybe I should say a bag of Marlin 39A parts. It was supposedly complete, except for the lever and lever screw. Well I bought these from Brownells and when assembled the lever won't stay up. It falls down about an inch.

The gun appears to function properly, but then again, I haven't shot it yet. Was wondering if any of you who have a 39A could compare my photos of the internal parets to your M39A.

I have studied the online diagrams until I'm cross-eyed, but can't tell anything.

Pitchnit
05-24-2012, 10:09 PM
If you dont get help here, go over to Rimfirecentral.com and post the pics in the Marlin section. Lots of good info and a good group of folks. If it wasn't getting late I'd get mine out ant take a look.

Uncle Grinch
05-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks... It has been slow getting replies here.

TXGunNut
05-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Plenty of Marlin fans here and the 39 is on my bucket list. Not afraid of a bump to help out a kindred spirit.

wrench man
05-25-2012, 01:39 AM
The leaf spring that's screwed to the bottom of the inside of receiver in front of the lever screw holds it up when the action is closed, take it out and try flattening it up a little at a bit until it holds the lever up, my 39M did this when I got it but the screw was just loose.

Uncle Grinch
05-25-2012, 02:11 PM
The leaf spring that's screwed to the bottom of the inside of receiver in front of the lever screw holds it up when the action is closed, take it out and try flattening it up a little at a bit until it holds the lever up, my 39M did this when I got it but the screw was just loose.

Thanks Wrench Man, I'll give it a try.