PDA

View Full Version : How to lock out sections of forum?

bearcove
05-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Is there a way to lock myself out of the group buy and swap and sell section when I:

1. Have money.
2. have beer.

And NO! a 12 step program won't help.

:cbpour:

tubb_ooh_lard
05-23-2012, 10:05 PM
drink the beer and spend your money ,.. you cant take it with you

bearcove
05-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Thats been working for me so far. Don't have to worry about losing something you already spent.

Jammer Six
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Spend the money on more beer.

I must not understand the question, that seems so obvious...

Longwood
05-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Is there a way to lock myself out of the group buy and swap and sell section when I:

1. Have money.
2. have beer.

And NO! a 12 step program won't help.

:cbpour:

I figure locking out the politics and religious sections would improve the Forum by about 300 percent.

tubb_ooh_lard
05-23-2012, 11:17 PM
i feel your pain bearcove
i can mostly look past stuff in the swap n sell section . but things i can actualy pick up and fondle are completely diferant .
i spent your funds on a .44 superblack hawk , i still havent figured out exactly why i bought it .. the finish sucks it has a bit of pitting in the grip frame the grips look like a starving beaver tried to eat them and the front sight is bent .
but the bore looks perfect lockup is tight and end shake is nonexistant .

Olevern
05-24-2012, 05:52 AM
My personal plan of many years is to forgo the beer and spend the extra dollars on more guns, accessories and hunting trips. Don't like the stoopid things I do (and say) when i am inebriated anyhow. Just my take on things. YMMV

Jim
05-24-2012, 07:24 AM
My personal plan of many years is to forgo the beer and spend the extra dollars on more guns, accessories and hunting trips. Don't like the stoopid things I do (and say) when i am inebriated anyhow. Just my take on things. YMMV

Yeah, right. THAT'll be the day!! :shock: :holysheep

captaint
05-24-2012, 07:38 AM
What's one more boolit mold ?? It's just one more. Then you can stop. Yeah..... enjoy Mike

Jammer Six
05-24-2012, 04:47 PM
And besides, one more weapon will fit easily in the safe, and if you have the cash in your hand, nobody needs to know.

bearcove
05-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Went to the scrap metal recycle place to get rid of a bunch of copper brass bronze and SS.[smilie=2:

Stopped at the micro brewery for a cool beer. :drinks:

Next thing is the gunshop. Its right there on the way home you know. Might as well stop and say Hi.:grin:

Looking around and picked up a Rossi 92 357mag with a 16" barrel. Thought, WOW! this would be perfect for my 11 yr old son. Looked at it and wondered if it was new or used. Kind of dinged up. Looked like plier marks on the end of the magazine tube. So I took it over and asked what they could do on the price. $411 I think. "Its new" Taurus Rossi.:???:

Ah! I put it back and left. Got lucky cause I had $505 in my pocket from the scrap yard. That money is real easy to spend. It was just junk, Right?:Fire:

bearcove
05-24-2012, 05:42 PM
I figure locking out the politics and religious sections would improve the Forum by about 300 percent.

I don't go there much, and the stay is short.

41 mag fan
05-24-2012, 06:28 PM
One mans junk, is another mans treasure!!

Jammer Six
05-24-2012, 06:47 PM
One mans junk, is another mans treasure!!
So said the word, and then there was eBay.

Bob Krack
05-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Easy folks! Just tape a piece of dark paper over the area of your monitor that shows the "Group Buys" and - you will eventually forget it is there. HAH!
:mrgreen: [smilie=1: :veryconfu :oops: [smilie=l:

Bob

myg30
05-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Its hard not to check out the swapin sellin area, never let a day go missing it. Its that one really "Great Deal" you just dont want to miss out on. If your saving money buying cheep then its good as long as your buying what you NEED !
Im getting better at passing up deals on things that I really dont need, but my want sometimes kicks in and makes me buy !
I try to keep my mailman busy, he's glad im not buying lead to often !!

Happy Memorial Day, Never forget our Vets.

Mike