PDA

View Full Version : Press mounted LED lights

slinger35
05-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I recently purchased an LED lighting kit to add more light to my shellplate while loading. I went with the 6 LED column light bar with the 3 LED "ceiling" lights. Lights are self adheasive, all wires, 110V power supply, on-off switch, self adheasive wire routing blocks. Cost $40 complete and delivererd. I like mine.
www.inlinefabrication.com. LED light kits and press accessories. I am not in any way affiliated with this company. Just like the light kit I bought.

Floydster
05-23-2012, 08:06 PM
I just bought the very same light kit for my LNL AP, hope to have it in a few days---looks great!!

hunter64
05-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Slinger35: What press is it that you put the lights on?

slinger35
05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
I mounted light kit to a Dillon XL 650. Light kits available for many other single stage and progressive reloading presses .

Huntducks
05-25-2012, 01:45 AM
I bought a pair of LED magnatic light from HD they run on 3 small round bats.

There for BBQ's you get 2 for $9.99

sleeper1428
05-25-2012, 10:27 AM
That's one great lighting system! I bought mine several months ago and it's the best add-on I've ever purchased. No need for any sort of powder charge checker since now I can easily see that I've dropped a charge of powder in each case, from 380 Auto size right up through 44 Mag. I have mine mounted on my Dillon RL550B, a machine I've had for well over 20 years, and while there isn't a great deal of room for mounting the 6 LED light strip, there's just enough and the cord is easily led out the left side of the press base and secured with the supplied self stick tabs. For under $30 I now have peace of mind knowing that each and every round I load has ONE - and only ONE - powder charge. It's well worth your time to check this out.

sleeper1428

milprileb
05-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I bought the Inlinefabrication.com LED lighting system and put them on the Dillon 650 and my Rock Chucker press. I have one power unit and two systems so that reduced the cost and suits my needs exactly

This lighting system is professional, perfectly tailored for reloading press and light that shell plate / ram area perfectly.

Its the Angelina Jolie of lighting systems in my opinion.

thebigmac
05-25-2012, 06:20 PM
I purchased both units back in April. The one for the 650 is the greatest
add-on one could ever get. Now I please the wife and keep the basement
lights off. I don't mind sitting in the dark while reloading. These LED lights
are much more pleasing to work with, no more eye straining to make sure
there is powder in the brass ready for the boolit.:bigsmyl2:

latesvak
05-28-2012, 06:57 PM
i really wanted to do something like what you have but was not sure how to do it. being in the landscape business myself i installed 2 4.5w (equivalent to 20w ea) led spot lights above the press and 1 8.5w (eq 35w) just to my right about the height of the powder rubber cap and a foot away. that thing is bright and it all works off of 12v so its cheap and well lit.

latesvak

milprileb
05-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Well, ;you can clutter up bench or press with any manner of lighting but if you want small, bright lights tucked away ... out of the way, on your press and no space issues on the bench, then Inlinefabrication has the solution. My sets are installed and I don't look back upon the old days of half great lighting solutions with any nostalgia !

1in9twist
06-02-2012, 05:34 PM
There are surely all kinds of ways to light up a reloading press. What I always disliked was the heat of a conventional bulb and I always seemed to somehow bump the gooseneck light fixture out of adjustment. Drove me up the wall!

My design intention with the LED unit was to keep it compact, powerful, out of the way, reasonable cost and no heat output. I am very happy with the results and very flattered by the support from the great folks here at CastBoolits. Thank you. 8-)

slinger35
06-02-2012, 05:53 PM
How many LED's will your power supply light ? I have the 6 LED column strip and the 3 light ceiling kit. Can I add another Y cord to add more lighting ?

1in9twist
06-04-2012, 03:21 AM
How many LED's will your power supply light ? I have the 6 LED column strip and the 3 light ceiling kit. Can I add another Y cord to add more lighting ?

Yes. No problem. You can easily drive another 6 LED and 3 LED strip.

coleman
06-04-2012, 03:33 AM
+1 I got one for my 650 and love it, works like a charm!

Cadillo
06-06-2012, 08:42 PM
This is the product I've been waiting for!

Thanks for letting us know that it exists!

gwpercle
06-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I got a new lighting system also. It has a fancy spun alumnium reflector with a adjustable clamp that allows you to direct the light in any direction. It has a handy 6 foot cord that plugs into a 110 volt single phase power supply.
It allows you to use any type bulb , incandesent , fluorscent, or LED up to 200 watt. And it has a state of the art on-off switch built in. Whats handy is I can relocate the light if I need illumination in another part of the shop. Right now I have it clamped on the shelf above my press with the light angled down. The 150 watt flood lamp in it really gives me the light I never had. I really like it and it was affordable $5.95 but that did not include a lamp. I will try a LED when this one burns out.
I would go and photograph it but it's raining cats and dogs and starting to have lightening stikes...I'm going to shut down the computer ...last time lightening struck the power pole and surge damaged everything electronic in house...bye

1in9twist
06-07-2012, 03:16 PM
For me, nothing compares to having the light INSIDE the press cage and I despise swing arm lights.

Among looking into my cases for powder and having lots of light to watch the press work, I really notice and appreciate the lighting when I am doing set up of a new set of dies.

WVHunter129
06-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I would like to see some pictures of the presses with light setups.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

slinger35
06-09-2012, 01:30 AM
www.inlinefabrication.com Click on LED Lighting Systems, Many pictures

WVHunter129
06-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express