PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Die Info

Swamprat1052
05-23-2012, 09:40 AM
At the advice I got here, I picked up a couple of sets of Pacific Durachrome Dies. One in 30-06 and one in 243.
Both sets look like new. I keep reading that you need to follow their instructions. Does anyone have a copy of the instructions that came with them. I'd sure like to have a copy.

Swamprat1052

W.R.Buchanan
05-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Swamp: they are just like anyone elses dies especially for those calibers. I have the exact same sets of dies and have had them for 30+ years. the cool thing about them is they don't rust.

Do be somewhat careful with the deriming stem on the sizing die as there ARE NO PARTS AVAILABLE for these dies. make sure the inside and outside of your cases are lubed. I use the Dillon stuff as it works well and is hard to get too much onto the outside of the case which causes dents.

Broke my 30-06 decap stem by getting a case stuck on it. Called but Hornaday has no more parts for Pacific dies.

I bought an RCBS decapping stem and drilled and tapped the knob for the Pacific die to fit it, and that's how I fixed mine.

I would have rather not broken the original in the first place.

Randy

Pressman
05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
I have the instructions from 1964, 1968 and Hornaday/Pacific.
Send me an email herters @ netins . net

Ken

jimkim
05-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Would this be what you're looking for? http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/manuals-discontinued/metalic-reloading/tools/Pacific-Deluxe-Reloading-Dies.pdf