PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Mold ??

Moondawg
05-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Is the Accurate Bullet Mold web site down or something? I have been trying to get it for several days and am unable to get on it.

geargnasher
05-23-2012, 03:14 AM
I was just there five minutes ago and it's working, a little more sluggish than normal loading pages, but they do load for me.

Gear

Grandpas50AE
05-23-2012, 08:43 AM
It is working for me. It may be they were pulling orders and the databases were running slow. Often a business will do maintenance and pull orders during the least busy time for the site page.

Moondawg
05-23-2012, 09:26 AM
I dunno. I just tried again, and both my browsers, Firefox and Internet Explorer timed out on it. I ran diagnosis and the response was the other site was not responding. Makes it hard to order a mold when the site is down.

turbo1889
05-23-2012, 09:41 AM
The computer I am using right now has Chrome on it for the browser and loading some of the more extensive pages (such as the catalog in the long "show all" format) was hit and miss. Over all though most everything loaded. I suspect your internet service may be slow enough that combined with his sight running slower then normal right now that the two working together might be your problem. I've got wide-band high speed on my end and if yours is slower it might be contributing to the problem enough to push it over the edge.

GLL
05-23-2012, 10:19 AM
I just logged on again to the catalog five minutes ago using Firefox. Ran at normal speed for me and order page worked fine !

Jerry

40Super
05-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Did you get it to work?http://www.accuratemolds.com/
Definately give him a try. My new mold took a wopping 7 days from order to in my mailbox! And it is in line with quality as many of the other custom makers, just without the wait. I do wish he did hollow points though.

turbo1889
05-24-2012, 04:44 PM
. . . I do wish he did hollow points though.

Erik @ Hollow Point Bullet Mold Service (http://www.hollowpointmold.com)

Tom makes good molds.
Erik is very good at turning regular molds into hollow point molds.

Tom@AM + Erik@HPBMS = A very good hollow point mold

bowfin
05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Moondawg,

The Accurate Molds website opened for me in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 12.0, and Opera 11.64.

Either the problem has been fixed or it is on your end.

Tom makes excellent molds, so keep trying!

Moondawg
05-29-2012, 06:24 PM
I have been trying now for days, and cannot pull up the Accurate molds website. I used my wife's puter, no joy. I went next door and used my neighbors puter, same thing, the browser timed out. We are all on broadband from our cable provider and our puters pull everything else up very quickly. I have ordered two other molds from Tom with no problem. This current problem started about a week or ten days ago and has not resolved. I want to order a third mold but cannot do so if his web site does not respond. Tried with three different puters and all timed out, I think the problem is on his end. I can't change internet provider, Cobridge is the only one available, unless you want to go to dialup, and that is really slow.:groner:

ColColt
05-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm using FF ver. 12.0 and have Comcast as my ISP. Just went to Tom's site, popped right up, clicked on any of the bullets and the design popped right up under a second. May be be the browser some are using.

Cmemiss
05-29-2012, 07:43 PM
I just popped the link in Turbo's message and it came right up. You might call your carrier.

40Super
05-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Are you using the link in my post? I posted that at work on that comptuer and it pulls up fine in my two home computers also, XP, Vista ,and Win 7. Google , Chrome, Explorer 8 & 9. I'd think it is in a local server near you.
Can someone order it for you if you give him the money and have Tom ship directly to you? OR email him with what you want and do it that way,if you send c-card info in multiple e-mails, to break up the #'s, it can be done securely enough to get by this one time.

TomAM
05-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Moondawg

We can do it through messages here if you'd like. I'm not set up to take credit cards, but snail mail or Paypal can still be used.

Moondawg
05-29-2012, 09:43 PM
I tried using the link 40 Super provided, no joy. I can't imagine that IE on three different puters and firefox on two puters are all bonkers. Our internet provider is advertising high speed broad band, and everything else pops right up. Accurate Molds popped up until a little over a week ago, that last time I was able to access it, it ran super slow. After that nothing. Could someone send me Tom's e-mail address and I will try e-mailing him. Thanks ya'll

40Super
05-29-2012, 10:02 PM
That post before you was Tom himself from Accurate :bigsmyl2:
If he hasn't pmed his addy to you already it is : tom@accuratemolds.com
As he stated, you should be able to do it through pm's here.

Jailer
05-29-2012, 10:06 PM
I have been trying now for days, and cannot pull up the Accurate molds website. I used my wife's puter, no joy. I went next door and used my neighbors puter, same thing, the browser timed out. We are all on broadband from our cable provider and our puters pull everything else up very quickly. I have ordered two other molds from Tom with no problem. This current problem started about a week or ten days ago and has not resolved. I want to order a third mold but cannot do so if his web site does not respond. Tried with three different puters and all timed out, I think the problem is on his end. I can't change internet provider, Cobridge is the only one available, unless you want to go to dialup, and that is really slow.:groner:

OK couple things to try here.

Open internet explorer and go to tools, internet options. Under the "browser history" heading hit the delete button. A new window will pop up and display some options.

Uncheck "preserve favorites website data". Make sure the following are checked:

Temporary internet files
Cookies
History

Now hit the delete button and let it run. After it's finished close internet explorer.

Now click on the start button. If you're running XP click on run and type "cmd" in the run prompt. If you're running Vista or 7 just type "cmd" in the search box. This will open a command prompt. Once it's open type the following command:

ipconfig /flushdns

You'll get a message that says that you have successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache. Close the window and try opening the Accurate Molds website and report back with your results.

Moondawg
05-29-2012, 10:24 PM
40 Super: I e-mailed Tom, maybe can do by snail mail. Will try Jailers fix also.

Moondawg
05-29-2012, 10:47 PM
I tried Jailers suggestions, same o - same -o unable to contact accurate molds web sight. I can do this thing through e-mail and snail mail with Tom if I have to.

onesonek
05-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Catalog pages are ever so slightly slower than usual here, but the site comes up fine.

calgunner
05-30-2012, 01:52 AM
I just submitted an order to Tom's web site. It seem to be working fine for me. I'm on broadband using firefox with a linux os.