PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Bullet Feeder

evil5826
05-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Been looking around thinking of finding the perfect feeder for lead cast. I have looked at GSI, RCBS and Hornady. GSI is the best out of those three but expensive when it comes to conversion kits. However I have seen a video on Mr. Bullet Feeder and I must say its impressive. Flipping the bullets instead of dropping them saves feeding time. Has any one purchased one of these and if so what does the feeding die consist of? I hope the feeding die is nothing like RCBS's.

FYI I did purchase RCBS's new feeding tubes for cast bullets product # 82358. Quality is terrible had to return.

jmorris
05-22-2012, 10:36 AM
I have GSI's feeders for pistol for both the 6&1050s I prefer them to the others because you can seat and crimp separate stations and have a powder check die.

For rifle I use KISS/mrbullet design.

I build my own collators to save money.

I have only used J word bullets with the KISS style but use cast in several of my GSI's

slinger35
05-23-2012, 03:53 PM
According to Rick at Mr. Bullet he will be offering a new design of collator and drop tube within 6 weeks or so. It will feed bullets nose down for resizing and convert to feed base down for reloading. I have not seen this new design but word is the drop die uses no springs or wires to drop bullets. I hope to know more as soon as he starts shipping.
I have the old style Mr. Bullet and it works very well rifle or handgun bullets even cast bullets if the lube isn't tackey and if the bullets aren't shaped like marbles like a 45 acp 185 gr round nose. I have loaded tons of 45acp 200 gr round nose. They take a little adjusting to get it right. Bullets with more length than width run very easily. YMMV.

jmorris
05-26-2012, 08:28 AM
While making a nose down collator would be less difficult than a base down collator, when I made my first one I wanted to use it both on my sizing machine and then on my reloading machine. After all why make to completely different designs if you don't have to?

All I did was make a drum out of UHMW that had a blind hole in it. So the base down bullet drops in and rotates 180 degrees before falling out nose down. Used the same speed motor on the drum as the drive on my sizing machine.

Pretty simple but likely something that would make less profit than an entire new machine.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/center.jpg