PDA

View Full Version : My Martini

Slim Chance
04-16-2007, 01:42 PM
A month or so ago, I found this site while searching for information on the Martini Cadet rifles. When mine arrived, I trimmed a few cases and scrounged some hollow base 32 wadcutters.
The rim recess on my rifle has been deepened so that I do not have to thin 32-20 rims. I haven't done a chamber cast to see if the entire chamber has been altered, but the fired Bertram cases sent with the rifle don't seem mishapen. Just putting the rifle on paper today, the bullets cut clean holes. I'll work on some more cases and try a better target to check accuracy. For anyone wanting to follow along, I split the difference on 32 long and 32 H&R data, seating the bullets out about halfway. This gave support to the base of the bullet in an effort to avoid damaging the bullet skirt.
I have a mold on order from CBE, but they are 8-10 weeks behind on production.

JeffinNZ
04-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Slim, you will not be dissappointed with the CBE product. Not only does Jim make a great mould but he really knows his stuff especially on the likes of the .310 Cadet.

Bigjohn
04-16-2007, 11:22 PM
I concur with Jeff, you won't be disappointed with the CBE mold. Jim is currently backordered for a while but well worth the wait.

The Martini can be a little infectious, I know, I have three and one on the way.

Interesting to load for also.

Enjoy,

John

Oops, I just noticed, your a newbie here Slim, well welcome to the board. I am certain you will fit in and feel right at home.

J.

Buckshot
04-18-2007, 03:14 AM
Slim Chance ...............Welcome to the board. Thanks for posting. I have 3 Martinis myself (Mk12/15, 22RF a MkIV Long Lever 577-450, and a Greener in 444 Marlin). They're great rifles!

................Buckshot

cohutt
04-18-2007, 06:24 AM
Slim,

With your casting experience and custom molds i figured you were an old timer on this site. There are a few names here you are already familiar with.
Share your 500 setup here - I'm sure it would be appreciated. :drinks:

leftiye
04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Slim chance
If I may ask, where did you get your martini? Thanks in advance. Ted