PDA

View Full Version : 22 Caliber Barrel Liner

HollowPoint
05-19-2012, 10:56 PM
I was just hoping to get lucky and find someone here who may have bought
a twenty-two caliber barrel liner fully intending to use it for some project but, for some
reason or other just never got around to it.

Now you no longer have the project-gun so that barrel liner is just slowly rusting away in your storage area. Wondering if maybe you might want to sell it for cheap or trade for it?

I know that the new ones aren't as expensive as all that but, the operative word here is "Cheap." I have a few 44 caliber bullet molds I soon won't be needing any more.

I have an upcoming air rifle project in the works and I'd like to try to re-barrel from .177 to .22 caliber.

Update: I've sold a couple of the bullet molds I eluded to today. This means I now have a little spending to buy a new barrel liner with. It will be a couple more weeks before I start my Air Gun project so I'll hold out hope that someone here has a 22 caliber barrel liner that's just collecting dust in their shop somewhere..

I found one for twenty-five bucks plus shipping. Being the cheap-SOB that I am, I'm hoping one of you can beat that price.

Thanks for looking.

HollowPoint

HollowPoint
05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Getting ready to order a new barrel liner. I'm just bumping this post up before I do so in hopes that there's a lurker out there that can help me out.

HollowPoint

leadman
05-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Did you post in the WTB section of Selling & Swapping?

John Taylor
06-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Not to expensive http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=588180&filter=barrel+liner&catid=0

twotoescharlie
06-01-2012, 11:54 AM
the 22 liners that I got from gunparts several years ago were of poor quality.better to pay the price and get a good one.

TTC

Rick459
06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=107839

geargnasher
10-24-2012, 02:45 AM
TJ's liners has really good ones, sold by the inch. Have you bought one yet?

Gear

Nobade
10-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Brownells sells Redman's liners made out of rifled DOM tubing. They are cheap and work reasonably well.

I also have been known to turn down old 22 rifle barrels into liners, that's free if you don't count your labor.