PDA

View Full Version : LAM II has me saying bad words!

DanWalker
04-15-2007, 10:23 PM
My new RCBS LAM II has me saying bad words.
After stoking it with 357 maximums homemade lube, I lubed a few dozen 255 keiths and a bunch of 7mm gb's and a load of 405 rnfps for my 45/70.
All was well until I tried to use it again. Now whenever I try to lube the 45 keiths I get lube all over the noses of them. Lube is squirting over the shoulder and REALLY pi$$ing me off! I've got the little threaded ram that the base of the boolit bottoms out against threaded all the way up, and I've tried literally dozens of settings with it and lubs still squirts past. I tried it with no heat, I've tried it with lots of heat and minimal pressure. Nothing I've done seems to work.
Any ideas?

Mk42gunner
04-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Stand in a barrel of newt livers and sacrifice a chicken...:kidding:

Seeriously, is the o-ring at the top of the die damaged?

Good luck

Robert

44woody
04-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Dan that is the very reason I sold my lam 2 and bought a star I was spending more time cleaning up bullets than I was lubeing them I was doing a xmas present for a friend of mine and was saying the same words you were got on line later that night and found a used star and dies and have never looked back like you I tried every thing I could to get it to work right but could not :castmine: 44Woody

DanWalker
04-19-2007, 06:15 PM
OK, since n o one here seems to have any solutions,
I'll just go back to tumble lubing my boolits.
LAMII and dies, and top punches, plus a heater and enough lube to last till the second coming is now for sale. Go to swappin and sellin for details.