PDA

View Full Version : Butte Black Powder Silhouette Shoot

shrapnel
05-17-2012, 11:02 PM
There were 24 shooters at the Butte rifle range for the Spring 2012 Silhouette shoot. If you have never attended one of these, you need to go and learn from these seasoned shooters and how to better your Sharps shooting skills. There were several regional champions, and 2 national record holders shooting there. Other notables were in attendance including MLV who found out he actually has over 30 readers.

I have only attended 2 of these, this being my second, so I interviewed the experts there to find out what I could about all the knowledge I see thrown about on the internet.

With all the expertise in attendance, there wasn't a single person that poured baby powder on their barrel to find a "Null Point". I also didn't find anyone that seated their bullets by pushing them into their cases with their thumb. After all I have read from some of the shooters here, I have come to the conclusion that some of the help offered here won't put you in the winners circle at a real BPCR match. Be careful of some of the ideas that circulate on the internet...

I was helped by MLV at the very beginning with a handful of Smartfood Popcorn that he said would help my understanding this shooting discipline. Ted Tompkins was gracious enough to award my shooting with the traveling trophy, which happens to be a pallet. I was definitely reduced to tears for the recognition...

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/117_2640.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/117_2641.jpg

Dale53
05-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Good report, Shrapnel! It's good to see Mike back in action! You certainly have some good instructors around you.

Dale53

kokomokid
05-18-2012, 08:02 AM
The girl in the background shot in the Texas meet and won the AA class. Not an all guy sport!

shrapnel
05-18-2012, 09:04 AM
That girl in the background just started shooting this game only 2 years ago. She holds the national record for both pigs and turkeys. I don't remember the exact number, but she shot somewhere near 84 pigs in a row and I believe turkeys in the 60's.

I could do that easily if I didn't miss so many targets...

Circuit Rider
05-20-2012, 07:28 AM
That girl in the background just started shooting this game only 2 years ago. She holds the national record for both pigs and turkeys. I don't remember the exact number, but she shot somewhere near 84 pigs in a row and I believe turkeys in the 60's.

I could do that easily if I didn't miss so many targets...

Very astute observation shrapnel, concerning your last sentence. LOL