PDA

View Full Version : I have become attached

samdweezel05
05-17-2012, 09:14 AM
All the time spent finding lead, bringing it home, sorting it, cleaning it, smelting it, alloying it, fluxing it, pouring it into ingots, melting it again, fluxing it again, pouring it into bullets, sizing them, seating gas checks, lubing them, and finally loading them......it almost hurts to shoot them. I have ways to catch my bullets and reuse them again but.....i guess I am just weird.

mdi
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
I can see it being difficult to send your creations down the barrel of yer gun never to be seen again...

GP100man
05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
No your not !!!

I find myself hoarding boolits instead of shooting em !

Abenaki
05-17-2012, 10:13 PM
What do you mean?
Are you telling me that we are supposed to shoot them?

I think, I need to go lay down for a while!!!!!!!!!!:veryconfu

Take care
Abenaki

Olevern
05-18-2012, 06:16 AM
come on in and take your place on the couch. We'll have your problem fixed in Oh, say...maybe two years of therapy.

(let's see now, how many new group buy molds can I buy with the therapy fees from two years of therapy?)

41 mag fan
05-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Welcome to group therapy. Have a seat, someone will be with all of us here shortly.

Sasquatch-1
05-18-2012, 08:17 AM
come on in and take your place on the couch. We'll have your problem fixed in Oh, say...maybe two years of therapy.

(let's see now, how many new group buy molds can I buy with the therapy fees from two years of therapy?)

GEE! Two years. You're good. I was thinking at least 8-10.:swagemine:

dale2242
05-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Most of my boolits have become attached to the front end of cartridge brass.
Yes you are weird. Dang it, boolits are made for shooting.......dale

10 Spot Terminator
05-18-2012, 08:50 AM
I feel your affliction Sam. I have my own little place out in the sticks where I set up my targets in the same spot against a soft dirt bank where I can sein the dirt and reincarnate my babies ,,, :Luvcastboolits:

10 Spot

Cherokee
05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
I do all that work and send them downrange never to be recovered. I have fun shooting them, after all that's why I went to all that trouble. BUT, I understand........

Thumbcocker
05-18-2012, 10:00 PM
When i started casting a Lee 4lb furnace was a big step up from the Coleman. With a two cavity mould, a cake cutter and a drive thru sizer 300 boolits was a days work. I practically knew every boolit by name. Shooting them was a bittersweet experience.

HighHook
05-19-2012, 06:20 AM
I hoard all the j words for after I am long gone. It brings great pleasure to cast, load and shoot...

samdweezel05
05-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I feel your affliction Sam. I have my own little place out in the sticks where I set up my targets in the same spot against a soft dirt bank where I can sein the dirt and reincarnate my babies ,,, :Luvcastboolits:

10 Spot

I set up 55 gallon drums full of sand. Works perfect. I am glad I am not alone in this.

05-19-2012, 09:06 PM
I must admit; I enjoy the reloading at least as much as I do shooting....probably more!

samdweezel05
05-19-2012, 09:19 PM
I must admit; I enjoy the reloading at least as much as I do shooting....probably more!

I tell my wife that I shoot so I can have more empty brass to clean, prep and load. I love reloading.

Bigslug
05-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Somebody once tried to cross a bullet with a boomerang to solve this problem.

He got it to work. . .once. . .

samdweezel05
05-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Keep your eye on the bullet?

largom
05-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I tell my wife that I shoot so I can have more empty brass to clean, prep and load. I love reloading.

The difference between a Reloader and a Handloader:

A reloader loads so he can shoot more:
A handloader shoots so he can handload more:

Larry

Linstrum
05-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Somebody once wrote that they cast and hand load to save money! After us seasoned casters and reloaders/handloaders quit rolling around the floor laughing our butts off, it got explained to this guy that casting and hand loading does not in any way save money! What it does is simply allow us to shoot somewhere around 20 times as much as those who buy store bought ammo! Shoot inexpensively? YES! Save money? NO!

rl 1130

Gtek
05-19-2012, 11:51 PM
"CAST AND LOAD TO SAVE MONEY" Dang-it, my butt fell off again! Gtek

Sasquatch-1
05-20-2012, 07:35 AM
I reload because I am cheap. I just spent close to $1400.00 on swaging equipment so I can save maybe $20.00 on a box of jacketed bullets.

That's saving money, isn't it? :roll: :veryconfu :bigsmyl2:

bruce drake
05-20-2012, 07:42 AM
I reload because I am cheap. I just spent close to $1400.00 on swaging equipment so I can save maybe $20.00 on a box of jacketed bullets.

That's saving money, isn't it? :roll: :veryconfu :bigsmyl2:

Given time and opportunity...Heck yeah!

Brithunter
05-20-2012, 08:19 AM
I would call it more of an investment

As any good investor should know they can go up and they can go down.

Once you no longer need it the equipment can be sold to recoupe capital and it might have increased in value or it might have lost ????? but in the meantime your using it should not only give you great pleasure but also save on the cost of your shooting past times :mrgreen:.

OH yes you have also helped the economy by your investing :razz:

Hoped you liked it.

EDK
05-20-2012, 04:14 PM

10 Spot

You are my brother.

Mike Dillon asked a marketing guy for advice when he was just starting out and going to go factory direct sales. The guy asked him what the purpose of a drill was...you want a machine or do you want to make a hole in something...what is the purpose of a DILLON machine. And the rest is history.

I figure there is at least a ton of alloy in the dirt bank down hill from my humble abode.

:redneck::cbpour::guntootsmiley: