PDA

View Full Version : NH Silhouette, a fun way to shoot your cast bullets in a levergun.

durant7
05-17-2012, 08:44 AM
I will be short and to the point. I enjoy casting and loading for my levergun mostly because I really enjoy how I get to use the product of my effort. Many here have helped me learn more quickly than if I struggled away in darkness.

So, to return the generosity of others and to grow Lever Gun Silhouette, I am holding a "new shooter clinic" in Dunbarton, NH at my club. Sat May 19th. IMO, shooting silhouette with a lever gun should ONLY be shot with a home made bullet to get the maximum satisfaction and enjoyment from our hobby. After the "shake down day" Saturday, there will be a real NRA approved match on Sunday May 20th.

Oh, ya. Saturday is free. Donations for burgers and dogs is all I'm looking to cover. Among other silhouette venues, we'll be shooting NRA Pistol Cartridge Cowboy. This is an NRA approved match, one of many in NH this season.

May 19th Silhouette Clinic Details here. (http://durant7.blogspot.com/2012/05/pioneer-may-19th-silhouette-clinic.html)

I will have my home cast 429215 sans GC in a Marlin 1894. Sorry for the modern gun and caliber. I got to the party late and all the nice old guns are gone. There should be some nice 32-20s there.

If you just want to know the NH schedule, go here (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5mfbtaZzhkSM2NhYmU2Y2EtOWE1ZC00M2FkLWJjYzgtZjEyY zc1ZjBjZGVm/edit).

fecmech
05-17-2012, 02:25 PM
I wish I lived closer to your club, I really enjoy shooting silhouette.
As long as we are talking Silhouette here I'd like to mention that we at the Hartland Conservationists Club will be starting our summer silhouette league on June 5 and weekly after that. This is an informal league mostly .22's but we shoot quite a bit of CF pistol (hunter style offhand) and lever gun but cast only. Ranges are 25,50,75 and 100 yds. Cost is $3./ 40 targets. We are located about 7 miles east of Lockport NY, all are welcome!

w30wcf
05-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Jud,
THat was very thoughtful of you to hold a clinic. Hope you had a decent turn out.
If I lived a lot closer I would have been in attendance.

w30wcf

durant7
05-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Well, we had 12 new shooters. 3 youth and 2 woman. I would say we definitely sparked some interest and built some community. Sunday we had so many new shooters not all the veterans had a chance to shoot. Me included. I don't have a solution to this problem. We'll see how it works out. New blood is so critical to keep any volunteer program going. We had 26 shooters on Sunday and 3 veterans who ran the match. Darn near 30 potential shooters I think is pretty good for NH.

Four PC lever guns. And a old shooter with a new gun ready to have at it. He had some OAL issues using 38 special cases in a 357 Henry lever gun. I was too busy to get into it. He has a neighbor with all the reloading gear helping him sort things out. All good for shooting sports! The three veterans all had PC Leverguns in their cars so it could have been 7 PC lever guns. Got to like those SB Levergun numbers!

Results (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5mfbtaZzhkSSjFZeVNlUnJOYjA/edit).

TXGunNut
05-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Nicely done! :drinks: