PDA

View Full Version : MEC Single Stage Reloaders

crabo
05-16-2012, 09:51 PM
I ended up with a 410, a 20, and a 12 gauge single stage reloader. The foil identification sticker is gone on all of them.(no models stamped on bases) I am guessing I have either a 600 Jr or 700 Versamec reloaders. I don't have any shot or powder bottles but I have a handful of bushings.

Are these worth anything? I also have a lot of reloaded shot shells that I will not ever shoot in my guns. Are they worth anything for the components?

Thanks

UNIQUEDOT
05-17-2012, 12:23 AM
I ended up with a 410, a 20, and a 12 gauge single stage reloader. The foil identification sticker is gone on all of them.(no models stamped on bases) I am guessing I have either a 600 Jr or 700 Versamec reloaders. I don't have any shot or powder bottles but I have a handful of bushings.

Are these worth anything?

They are all worth something to someone even if just for parts. If you are looking to sell them i might be interested in the .410 loader.

[/QUOTE]I also have a lot of reloaded shot shells that I will not ever shoot in my guns. Are they worth anything for the components?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! shot isn't cheap nowadays. I salvaged it as well as the wads and even the primers from a large lot of old reloaded shells a neighbor gave me.

TJF1
05-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Due YOU want to sell the 410 mec. I would be interested?
Thanks terry

thehouseproduct
05-17-2012, 06:58 PM
I'd be interested in the 20G.

HeavyMetal
05-17-2012, 08:08 PM
the easy way to tell the JR from the Versamec is if it has a collet sizing set up for the case head.

If it does it's the Versamec if not it's a JR. Prices vary greatly by condition ( DUUH) without seeing at least a photo I won't put a number in print.

UNIQUEDOT
05-17-2012, 09:09 PM
the easy way to tell the JR from the Versamec is if it has a collet sizing set up for the case head.

If it does it's the Versamec if not it's a JR. Prices vary greatly by condition ( DUUH) without seeing at least a photo I won't put a number in print.

Versamec's had the same ring resizer as the jr. The sizemaster is the single stage mec with the collet sizer which is what i use. There was not much difference at all in the versamec and the jr, but i can't remember what it was, but it's basically the same press. It seems like the versamec came with a primer feed also.

Shooter6br
05-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Mine is from my Dad. At least 40;years old. Works like a charm

lylejb
05-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Just 2 weeks ago I paid $55 for a used mec 600jr 20 ga on ebay. it was older, (pre 82) but had little use. It was missing the bottles and primer seater. The seller wasn't sure what gauge it was, which I think was why it didnt go higher.

12 ga is by far the most common, and usually goes for the least. Smaller gauges are harder to find.

About 2 years ago, I was looking for one in .410, and the jokers on ebay were bidding nearly new prices, no thanks. I never got one.

Newtire
05-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Little Mec 600 Jr. works great for the casual shooter like me. I added a few niceties to the setup, like a little drill press and some Precision reloading roll crimpers.. If you just use your common sense, you don't have to buy lots of things they seem to think you need. I don't have a 3" kit but do fine with anything from 2" up to 3-1/2" shells with the one loader. I started out with a Lee loader in a small box and this was the Rolls Royce to a 16 year old kid. Now, I have the setup that I wanted when I was 16 but this age thing...what's up with that!?

crabo
05-24-2012, 01:15 AM
I looked through all of the stuff that I got with the reloaders and there are no primer assemblies with the loaders. There are also no shot and powder bottles. I am going to sell them and all the stuff I got with it to a friend for a lump sum to get rid of it all. I don't want to sell them to someone who is expecting a complete working loader.

Thank you for your responses and interest.

UNIQUEDOT
05-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Crabo, the 410 loader isn't supposed to have a primer feeder and they are optional for the other gauges. The versamec is the only one that should have came factory with one. Shot and powder bottles are fairly cheap too so none of this matters too much when figuring out your price. BTW in case your friend doesn't know this he can use regular soda bottles or one liter water bottles for powder and shot on the loaders.

mtgrs737
05-26-2012, 10:13 AM
A few years ago now I bought a pair of MEC 600 jr. loaders both pre-82 one in 12 ga. and one in 20 ga. for $100 total. They only needed cleaning and some small parts like rubber gromments and bottles upgraded. They are excellent machines that will produce quality reloads for generations to come. I installed Multi-scale Universal Charge Bars in both of mine so I didn't have to buy bushings, that has been a good deal for me as i would have to mail order bushings that I would need. The people at MEC are very helpful if you need them, don't hesitate to call.

I am looking for a 410 if you decide to sell yours.