PDA

View Full Version : S&W Model 1 1/2 .32 RF

Blackwater
05-16-2012, 06:26 PM
My son just bought one of these after a little research on the 'net for $150. It's in pretty darn good shape, considering its age. Nickel is 90% or better. Bore is fair. Grips are in very good shape, and it functions perfectly. Only real problems with it are the hinge pin at the top front of the frame is broken off from the left side. Was this a screw head? He said he thought it was. If so, it's the head and about .050" of the screw's shaft that has broken off. There's also some side to side play in the barrel when it's locked up. It appears to me this should be relatively easy to cure by some deft blows of a hammer to tighten up the side to side gap on the barrel's hinge. Can anyone here confirm this for me? A gun in this shape that's as old as it is isn't something I'd want to diddle with unless I'm SURE what I'm doing is correct.

Thanks for any help on this neat old gun.

Also, if anyone has any info on where I might find some ammo for it, I'd really appreciate the info. He wants to shoot it if he can find ammo for less than $4 per round! I think Navy Arms had some made up years ago, and maybe a box is floating around somewhere??? THanks for any help you can offer.