PDA

View Full Version : Usps?

LIMPINGJ
05-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Does the Post Office ever send an email about a pacgage? Got an email titiled USPO this weekend and was wondering if this could be legit.

Calamity Jake
05-14-2012, 01:44 PM
No!!!

C.F.Plinker
05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I agree with Calamity Jake. I got an e-mail that was supposed to be from the Post Office about a package. I did NOT open the link but printed out the e-mail and took that to the Post Office for verification. The people at the PO told me that they do not send e-mails out. On the way home I got to thinking and could find no reason for the Post Office to even have my e-mail address. Delete the e-mail and go to your recycle bin and delete it again if it is there.

M-Tecs
05-14-2012, 03:11 PM
If the sender has your e-mail and provides it to the USPS they will send you the tracking info via your e-mail. Generally it’s on packages with a confirmation receipt. I get a couple a week. The USPS system is poor compared to UPS. Not the same level of detail.

Able 5
05-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Not to hijack, but also beware of "order cancelation from Amazon" emails. Those are going around.

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-14-2012, 03:51 PM
I e-filed a claim with the USPS last week and got an e-mail "survey request" from them today.

it was titled:
"Your recent experience with www.usps.com®‏"

it was sent from:
United States Postal Service®survey.research-2190~870942@sendyourfeedback.com

"The United States Postal Service® (USPS®) would like to thank you for your recent E-mail. Your opinions are very important to the USPS® as we continually monitor and improve customer service. You can provide feedback on your E-mail experience by completing a brief 5 minute survey...."

375RUGER
05-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Do not open the attachment to that email.
I get them a lot and have been able to block most of this stuff at my server.

Better Business Bureau (BBB.com)
USPO.com
USPS.com
Fedex.com
IRS.gov

These are some of the servers that someone has hacked and sends bogus mail from that I have received in the past 2 years.
They have one thing in common, either they have a link to open or an attachment. DO NOT OPEN the links or attachements.

Geraldo
05-14-2012, 04:37 PM
This is from last year, but I thought I saw a warning on the USPS site recently.

http://postalnews.com/postalnewsblog/?p=185

Roundnoser
05-14-2012, 04:40 PM
I've received them from UPS and Youtube also....I never open them.

GLL
05-14-2012, 04:58 PM
I get legit "Click-in-Ship" email notifications from USPS every week !

Jerry

Bob Krack
05-14-2012, 07:14 PM
I get legit "Click-in-Ship" email notifications from USPS every week !

Jerry
Yup, me too. Someone sending you something can request that you be notified by E-Mail.

I'd still be careful. My notifications have NEVER included an attachment (unless it was a "Signature Conformation request" from me).

Bob

M-Tecs
05-14-2012, 07:25 PM
I'd still be careful. My notifications have NEVER included an attachment.

+1 I agree. I get them all the time but I have never received one with an attachment.