PDA

View Full Version : Lee decaping rods

abunaitoo
04-15-2007, 04:50 AM
Anyone know of some place to buy them other than from Lee????
Anyone know of a way to replace the decaping pin????

jawjaboy
04-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Midway. Search 'decapping pin'. This one happens to be just for handgun dies.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=960503

Joel Chavez
04-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Several months ago, I broke "fixed" the decapping pin on my 38spl die. I called Lee for a replacement and would you believe it, they sent one for FREE! Give them a call first and see what they tell ya. Later.:castmine:

abunaitoo
04-17-2007, 04:26 AM
I checked with Lee. They have them for sale, but no warrenty. Die is old.
Last time Midway had Lee decaping pins for sale I bought a bunch. Only have one 30.06 left.
Anyone know how else has decapping pins for sale besides Lee????

windwalker
04-22-2007, 08:09 AM
I checked with Lee. They have them for sale, but no warrenty. Die is old.
Last time Midway had Lee decaping pins for sale I bought a bunch. Only have one 30.06 left.
Anyone know how else has decapping pins for sale besides Lee????

i use the lee universal decapping die,one size fits all. i have two spare rods but as yet the one that came with the die is still good

Rod B
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
i use the lee universal decapping die,one size fits all. i have two spare rods but as yet the one that came with the die is still good

I have the same setup. I have Lee dies for the four pistol calibers I reload. I have yet to break a decapping pin.

The way the Lee die is designed the pin is retained with a collet & if it meets excessive resistance it simply slides up in the collet.

azcoyhunter
04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
When I first started, I was using my handy dandy Lee Loader 45acp, and I broke the Decapping Rod, I just drilled out the rod, and put the "PIN" in the fresh drilled hole.

It worked for me, but this probaly does not have anything to do with anything.

Clint

mooman76
04-26-2007, 08:15 PM
I have sent a couple back to Lee and got them replaced for free within a week but mine were still farely new. Get a universal decapping die and you can use it until you get your new one. Lee has them for cheap!

Bad Water Bill
04-27-2007, 03:39 AM
I broke one some months ago. Called Lee and the lady said YES we will replace it for free. I then asked how much they cost and was told $2.00 each. Thinking I should have a spare to avoid having to set projects aside and wait for parts, ordering a spare was a no brainer. I said send a spare. When the package arrived I found out the spare cost $2.00 BUT was charged $6.00 for shipping. NOT a good deal. :( BWB :castmine: