PDA

View Full Version : Lee luber sizer

FRJ
05-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Has anyone here used the Lee luber sizer and if so what are your opinions of it? Thank YOu FRJ

williamwaco
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I love them.

I use .311, .356,.357,.358,.429,.452

You can see my test results with LLA here:

http://reloadingtips.com/pages/exp_111201a_lla_test.htm

This is good stuff.

geargnasher
05-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Lee doesn't make a "luber sizer". They make a push-through, press-mounted sizer die that can be used in conjunction with the Lee liquid Alox tumble lube or any other lube once it's applied to the boolit. Lee does offer a solid lube for other brands of lube-sizers, but they have no tool yet for applying a traditional lube to the grooves.

Gear

williamwaco
05-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Lee doesn't make a "luber sizer". They make a push-through, press-mounted sizer die that can be used in conjunction with the Lee liquid Alox tumble lube or any other lube once it's applied to the boolit. Lee does offer a solid lube for other brands of lube-sizers, but they have no tool yet for applying a traditional lube to the grooves.

Gear

The add on their web site shows it mounted on a Lee press. It actually looks like a dedicated lubri-sizer. It could surely confuse a newby.

I should have pointed that out.

http://leeprecision.com/bullet-casting/lube-and-sizing-kit/

Greg in va
05-13-2012, 09:01 PM
I've got several they work good, but they don't size and apply lube in the grooves like a lubri-sizer does, you apply the lube let it dry and then push the bullets thru the die. Some then re-apply lube then load in a case.

Elkins45
05-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Lee does offer a solid lube for other brands of lube-sizers, but they have no tool yet for applying a traditional lube to the grooves.

Gear

They used to (kinda) back before they started making the tumble lube molds. They sold a 'whackamole' manual lube/size kit consisting of a stick of 50/50 lube, a small metal pan, nicely machined cake cutter and a hammer through sizing die. I had one in .358 and .452. I saw the 45 cake cutter in the box of my loading junk box tonight but I haven't seen the sizer dies in years.

skeet1
05-14-2012, 11:07 AM
I wish they did make a luber/sizer to compete with Lyman and RCBS. Maybe some day they will.

Ken

Rex
05-14-2012, 11:13 AM
I have one. I can finger lube a bullet with 50/50 and push it through. Yes it works, yes it is slow but it is cheap and so am I.

ku4hx
05-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Their push through system is fine for me. I own several and have opened a couple using a split pin and emery cloth to allow for a slightly larger boolit than the die was built for.

geargnasher
05-14-2012, 03:57 PM
I have one. I can finger lube a bullet with 50/50 and push it through. Yes it works, yes it is slow but it is cheap and so am I.

Most of us are fortunate to have a ten-element lubing system attached to the ends of our arms, but it IS slow! Works great though.

Gear

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-14-2012, 04:07 PM

Rex,
have you ever considered dip lubing ?
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=96869