PDA

View Full Version : received my SmartReloader SR787 tumbler

beex215
05-13-2012, 05:06 PM
assembly was quick and easy. it came with 5 screws even though you only need 4. one extra screw for me i guess. check the vid i made about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-Aaw38akE&list=UUUOfYQG_5TBwfBtOuaAzXUQ&index=7&feature=plcp

HangFireW8
05-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Well which is it, 787 or 737?

Rocky Raab
05-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Don't leave it running unattended. They seem to have a disturbing habit of catching fire.

plainsman456
05-13-2012, 10:29 PM
I bought 2 and one had the bearings get so hot it locked up and melted some of the base.
The other one had the bearings replaced (by me) and greased as well as some holes drilled in the bottom plate,so air could circulate around the motor.
This was done over a year ago and it still runs strong.
Like Rocky says don't let it run unattended for long.

3006guns
05-13-2012, 10:35 PM
The SmartReloader stuff seems to get some pretty mixed reviews.......enough that I'd really keep an eye on an electrical unit. The advice about lubing the bearings and providing cooling air for the motor sounds pretty wise to me.

beex215
05-14-2012, 04:53 AM
i never even noticed that i titled the video wrong. thanks for that. it is the 787 model. i only tumble for 1 hour max. i find thats long enough for me.

mdi
05-14-2012, 10:52 AM
As an aside; mebbe a hijack...
I purchased one of their presses, mostly out of curiosity, about a year ago. I wanted a small "C" press for light, quick jobs where I didn't want to set-up my turret or my C-H. I might as well have used the money for toilet paper (not to purchase toilet paper, but put a stack of ones next to the stool). The quality or workmanship just wasn't there (more like JUNK). I have read of other SmartReloader products being junk also(the electronic scale is much like the $2.00 ebay specials). Now I read something as simple as a wobbler brass cleaner needs extensive re-manufacturing to work deceintly. So, my question is has anyone purchased anything yellow, SmartReloader, that was worth the time or money to purchase it?

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-14-2012, 11:22 AM
So, my question is has anyone purchased anything yellow, SmartReloader, that was worth the time or money to purchase it?

On a chance, I ordered some SmartReloader Yellow plastic ammo storage boxes,
they are about ½ price of anybody elses. They have a hinge as opposed the "seam" that other cheapo plastic ammo storage boxes have.
I haven't had a chance to give them a real test yet...you know
a trip to the range, drop them once or twice, see if they break.
but they seem good so far.
Jon

Rocky Raab
05-14-2012, 03:02 PM
I reviewed their Digital Reloader. Returned the loaner unit immediately after. Neither Handloader or Varmint Hunter magazines have seen fit to print the two separate reviews I wrote - probably because I wasn't overly enthused.

If that doesn't tell you enough, I can be more specific.

jcwit
05-14-2012, 07:51 PM
As I implied on another forum, Thanks for supporting the chinese, when there U.S. products available in the same price range with a real warranty.