PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 94 warranty work?

jim 44-40
04-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Since they don't make the 94 now,where do you send one out to get fixed if something breaks,etc.. Just like to know.

Johnch
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Since they don't make the 94 now,where do you send one out to get fixed if something breaks,etc.. Just like to know.

Not sure
But I just saw a add for a John Wayne ( SP) Winchester of some sort along with John Wayne/Winchester ammo
I took it as a specal run

Not sure where they are made
I heard someone say Japan , but haven't seen anything to back that up

IMO contact Winchester and see what they say

Johnch

Bigscot
04-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I recently (Dec-Jan) had some warranty work done on a 94. I went to the USRAC web site and found the closest warranty dealer. That is another story. But anyway I was able to get the problem fixed.

Just out of couriosity, what is the problem you are having. Mine is a Legacy model in .44 mag and a piece off the hammer spring broke.

The shop I took it to took a month and a half to fix the problem and was not in any hurry to ship it back to me. After a month of trying to find out when he was going to ship it, I went and picked it up. I will neve darken his doors agian. A**hole!!!

Good luck

Bigscot

jim 44-40
04-15-2007, 12:10 PM
No problem yet with my Trails End in 44-40 cal. Just wanted to know how much hassle it will be in the future if something does break.I know Numrich Gun Parts has almost all the parts one might need,for the do it your self gunsmithing.I did see barrels for 44 Mag and 44-40 on their site.I'm guessing both are .429 groove diameter.My 44-40 shoots .429 but I must use only Winchester brass,because loaded rounds won't chamber thick necked brass.

444Hal
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
When Winchester had those 44mag “Take Downs” last year I was going to get one but then they announce the closing and I figured they’d be trying to just sell off whatever junk they have laying around. Good or poor quality parts in their guns. So I figured it’ll be a crap shoot on getting a good quality (now overpriced) rifle from them. So unlike a lot of people I stayed away from Winchester.

Hope someone starts making them again. Or even a Marlin 44mag TD.

MtGun44
04-19-2007, 10:58 PM
I had a warranty problem with my new 1886 Extra Light .45-70 and took
it to the local Win warranty shop. He told me that if I had it sent in for
warranty work it would be sent to Belgium and take about 18 months
turn around time, based on experience with other customers.

I fixed it myself, so you can see that their warranty policy is extremely
effective ---- at preventing unsatisfied customers from bothering them !:???: :???:

This was a couple of years ago before they dropped the 94.

Bill

Hunter
04-20-2007, 01:45 AM
I believe Fabrique National owns the Winchester name (and Browning as well) so you may contact them. They have brought back the Model 94 and I have heard maybe the Model 70.

Poohgyrr
04-20-2007, 12:07 PM
I remember trying to decide which one of those takedowns I could afford.

And Taylors has takedown M92s-I don't know what kind of quality they have, but for the price they better be good.

http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/products/cfTaylors92Collection.tpl

Mohillbilly
04-26-2007, 05:38 PM
I belives that Browning service center is THE center for Winchester. It is here in Arnold Mo.I' ve never had a piece done there, but would expect it to be done right.