PDA

View Full Version : AFNG Gear help question

APDDSN864
05-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Let me start by saying that I HAVE used the search function but cannot find the answers to my questions.

I have recently come into several moulds, two custom DC NEI, one custom DC SAECO, and one DC RCBS. None have handles. None have ever been used.

My question is; Does anyone make a universal handle for these moulds as the Lee 6 cavity mould handle works for Lyman, RCBS, and Lee?

I don't mind a bit of shade-tree modification if it's needed.

Second, another item I came into is an older RCBS Lube-a-matic but no sizer dies or top punches. The NEI moulds I have came with the top punch and the RCBS top punch is a cataloged item, so those won't be a problem. The SAECO mould, however, is a custom design and I don't have a clue where to go for a top punch for it.

Lastly, one of the other treasures that came with this gear was two thousand .45 cal. Ideal (Lyman) brass-colored gas checks. Are .45 cal. gas checks one-size fits all for .451 through .458 bullets?

Thanks for any and all input!

I can't wait to get started...:bigsmyl2:

Ed

Catshooter
05-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Ed,

Welcome to the site.

The only question I can answer for sure is the top punch. Buckshot (member here) will make you blank top punches that you then fill with epoxy for a perfect custom fit for any boolit. And perfesser (another member) will do the same thing.

Have a ball.

Cat

APDDSN864
05-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Thank you, Cat!

I've been lurking a bit since a "friend" of mine from another forum has gotten me interested in BPCR and I happen to have some big bore rifles that need constant feeding :bigsmyl2: so I have made the jump into casting.

I'll contact Bucksot and Perfesser and see what they can do for an ignorant soul.

Ed

obssd1958
05-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Ed,

I'll try to answer the handle issue:

I have examples of each of the two cavity moulds that you listed above, and handles from just about every maker.
The Saeco handles fit both the Saeco moulds and the NEI moulds (two cavity on both), but are a touch too thick for the RCBS mould. Same issue for the Lee six cavity handles.
The RCBS handles fit the slot on all three types of moulds, but the hole for the attachment screw or pin, is too small for the Saeco screw.
The one set of handles that I have that fit all three, came from KAL Tool & Die - our very own, Red River Rick.
You can find his contact info, and Vendor Sponsor page, here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=56554

Hope this helps!!

Don

APDDSN864
05-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Don,

Thank you, it DOES help!

The itch needs scratching even more now!:bigsmyl2:

Ed