PDA

View Full Version : open sites

duckndawg
04-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Howdy all I'm in need of a little info please. I'm used to shooting scoped rifles, and I now have several lever guns and want to leave them open sighted. But I'm not real sure on the sighting in, if the gun is shooting high and right I need to move the rear sight up and the front site to the right correct? Move the sights to point of impact just like you do with a scope?

Thanks
Jeff

sundog
04-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Jeff, thanks quite a name you got there. What kinda dog(s) you got?

Rear sight, move same direction as you want the bullet to go. Shooting right? Bullet needs to go left. Move rear sight left. Shooting high? Move rear sight down.

Front sight. Move it from POA to POI. That is, opposite direction.

felix
04-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Also, for scopes, use the POA to POI, front sight method. Hold/clamp the gun at same place where held, move crosshairs to where the boolit landed. One shot sight-in. ... felix

duckndawg
04-14-2007, 05:49 PM
thanks sundog, I have labs and enjoy duck huntin thats how Icame up with the name

duckndawg
04-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Felix that is what I do with scoped guns. I'm just kinda retarded with the open sights. I thought I knew what to do but thought I had better ask first.

versifier
04-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Yup, the confusing part is when you bring the front sight into the picture, it's just contrary and opposite. Kind of like a teenager. [smilie=1: