PDA

View Full Version : web site

hiram
04-14-2007, 04:10 PM
A friend and myself are trying to get a new website off the ground. If you have children or grandchildren, you might want to take a look. DRMDK.COM The sight is a pediatric website with streaming video, information sheets, and links to the likes of newborn care, autism, ENT, oncology, allergies, and nutrition, to name a few. Please check it out. Thanks.

Four Fingers of Death
04-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Funny name, you are hardly going to search for that. Good luck with it. (what's it mean anyway?)

waksupi
04-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a worthwhile project. Good luck with it!

hiram
04-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Nothing to search for. just type drmdk.com in the address bar and your in. Its a free site, no registration, no advertising. drmdk are the initials of a friend of mine, Dr. M D Koplow, a prominent pediatrician in Staten Island, NY. His email address and phone number are on the webpage.

Thanks for the good luck message.

Gunload Master
04-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Looks pretty nice. One thing I do not like about websites is the use of "frames". Personally I would create a Table without borders for the left side links. That way when someone scrolls down, they see everything and not just the one side.. That might just be me though.

hiram
04-15-2007, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it along to the designer.

Four Fingers of Death
04-15-2007, 06:04 AM
What I meant was if you were looking for info of this sort, it would never occur to you to search for drmdk.

The site looks good, I have shared it with my sister in law, she is an attack trained grandmother.

Thanks, Mick.

MT Gianni
04-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Here I was thinking it was Dr. Med. Knowledge. In Nebraska would it be drmdn? Everybody knows the big N on the football helmet stands for nowledge.

pumpguy
04-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Hiram, I really think this site is worthwhile and a great reference for parents. As a father of a child with cancer, I would maybe add just a couple of things. When your child is first diagnosed, you are overwhelmed with medical info. The only thing you really want to know, though is what it is going to take to keep your child alive. Doctors, caring as they are, speak in platitudes and generalities. The thing that has helped me and my wife the most were some of the organizations out there that have other parents involvement. They are the ones that answer a lot of the tough questions and get you through the nuts and bolts of it all. Every state and even city has an organization like this. Most are not affiliated with a national group. It would be a tough job to know them all, but as you would add their links, others would follow. I realize this is a big site and I have only talked about one portion of it, but, I am sure the other parts have similar groups. Not intended to be a criticism, merely a suggestion. Thanks for your efforts!!

Junior1942
04-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Looks pretty nice. One thing I do not like about websites is the use of "frames". Personally I would create a Table without borders for the left side links. ...I agree 100%.

Here's my thoughts as a web designer:

1. I'm on slow DSL and the page took at least two minutes to download. No one on dialup would have waited. I wouldn't have waited either but I wanted to see what the final page looked like. If it takes more than 30 to 45 seconds for a dialup connection to download the page the person will click out and never come back. People don't like waiting.

2. The page to the right of the frame is much too wide for those of us with laptop computers.

hiram
04-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Guys--
Thank you for looking and your criticisms. I will pass them along.

Hiram