PDA

View Full Version : USFA guns hard to get?

sliphammer
05-10-2012, 01:49 PM
In May, 2011, I ordered a USFA, SAA, in 38 WCF from my dealer. Its still on order but surfing the net I found TenRing Precision with a new, Turnbull finished 38 WCF, advertised for $1500. Since USFA's suggested retail price is $1150 I thought the gun might have some special features. I emailed the shop and was advised it was a standard cross pin model and that the days of USFA's guns being sold for $1150 were over. So, I emailed USFA and requested the latest suggested retail price. It was still $1150. Then I surfed the net again and found two Turnbull, NIB, 45 LC, SAA's, at Guns International for $1295. They were still overpriced but not as bad as TenRing.

I can understand dealers selling at a little premium but $350 over the suggested retail price?

Potsy
05-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Well, I reckon I'd price shop a little before I bought anything from TenRing Precision.

$350 over suggested retail is either a matter of waiting on someone who doesn't want to wait or just waiting on a sucker.

Don't get me wrong, it's their inventory and they can sell it for $15,000 if they want to, just not to me.

Been thinkin about ebaying some childhood toys and buying a USFA.........they sure are purty.

captaint
05-10-2012, 02:44 PM
There's a dealer in Texas that got me my USFA SAA. Great guy to deal with and gave the correct price. If you PM me, I'll get you the name. AND, I got my new gun in, like 2 weeks. enjoy Mike

runfiverun
05-11-2012, 03:31 AM
i have a pair of the rodeo's and other than the finish starting to wear in places after 15 years.
they are some of the best revolvers i have.
especially for the 500 each i paid for them.
better than my pre freedom arms revolver,and better than some [not all] of the dan wessons i have had.
they are what colt should have been, or might have been at one time.
those blued and case hardened ones are awesome looking.

but i'd look around, if he is gouging you on those what else is he overcharging you on?