PDA

View Full Version : Piggy Pic

x101airborne
05-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Many have asked about pics of some of the hogs that we have killed on our property in the past. I am all to happy to share, but finding the hard copies and transferring them to digital media is relatively difficult. Well, with my buddies help, I finally got the picture of he (inkedbylee on our forum) and I with his first Texas hog. We did try to weigh it, but it bottomed out a 300 pound cotton scale without trying before we had even half of the hog off the ground. My GUESS is around 425 to 450 pounds. Look at the pic and notice the nose is only about 6 inches off the ground and the hind legs are already removed at the mid-joint. As another reference, I was 6 foot, 215 pounds and wore a 46 long jacket. Lee was about 6-1 205 and wore roughly the same size jacket. And that hog makes both of us look small. Enjoy!
BTW... This was not shot with cast. It rained every day he was here and on the last day we went to close the traps and shoot some squirrels. We were carrying 22's and 410's. When we walked up to the trap I thought one of my dad's angus cows got caught in the trap. Since Lee has not seen a hog before that, I handed him my K-bar and told him to stick it. Needless to say, several explatives were thrown at me in good fun. Thank God I had a spare mauser under the seat of the truck. Once loaded in a 8 foot bed ford pickup, with the hind feet touching the back of the truck, we could not close the tailgate because of the length of that hog. (The bow in the picture was to mess with another of Lee's friends that talked about how bad-a of a bow hunter he was. It was just a joke.) This hog was killed in the spring of 2004 if I remember correctly. I was a lot purdier then.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/155754faa966c988f2.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=5123)

Crawdaddy
05-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Nice pig!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Whitworth
05-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Now that is a good hog!

missionary5155
05-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Good morning
Looks like one of those monster rooters that inhabit the tank ranges in Germany. I like that bow insert idea. Next you should consider a photo of someone all bloodied with lance or large K-Bar.
Mike in Peru

NSP64
05-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Nice pic.

Mike, Oh how I remember Grafenwoehr, Germany.
Where the evergreen trees are white year round.

We had a piglet fall in our foxhole onetime, we didnt even try to get it. Momma was about as big as the pictured piggy.
Piglet came in, we went out,momma went in. lol
It took her 20 minutes to tear that place up enough for her and piglet to get out.

It was about 6 foot deep.

missionary5155
05-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Howdy NSP64 Closest I got was when they would stand up on their hind legs and try to climb up on the front slope or fender. Fenders are 5 feet up on an M60A1. Always wanted to pop one with a 45 ACP up close but my TC kept telling me it was not worth 5 months locked up at Manheim. At least the ILLionos coy-dogs do not dig up up neighborhood. But then pigs do not howl half the night. Wonderful how God has placed critters about to control in numbers. Here in Arequipa it is just a fellers pigeons that are learning my roof is not there roost.
Mike in Peru