PDA

View Full Version : How to post pics

44deerslayer
05-09-2012, 01:12 AM
Hi all need some help been tryin to post pics but can't it says they are to big how to con vert using Apple computers

Linstrum
05-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Yeah, that is a problem! I use a 12 megapixel camera and that absolutely guarantees that none of my photos can be directly posted here. I don't know what version Mac you run, I have Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.8. What I do is import the photo to iPhoto and use the "edit" function to crop off all the parts of the photograph not needed to show what I want until the file size gets down below 100 KB. If I can't get a particular photo below 100 KB that way, I'm out of luck.

rl 1122

waksupi
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
I had that problem, until I figured out I could reset the camera to take smaller format pictures. I'll bet yours will too.

birdadly
05-09-2012, 10:43 AM
If you don't have any image editing software, you can simply open the pictures in "Preview" on a Mac.

Go to "Tools", "Adjust Size", and choose something like 800 x 600. That is a good size for a web photo. If it's too small, then choose the next size up.

Cropping is a good idea too, and that can also be done in "Preview". When you open a picture, at the top of the pic, you'll have a "move" and "select" tool next to one another. Choose the "select" tool, click and drag a box where you want to keep. Then go to "Tools" and "Crop".

If you're going to crop and size... crop first, then size. Hope that made sense! -Brad

44deerslayer
05-09-2012, 10:53 AM
i don't think i have to do all that.never had to do that before on other sites i belong i just got a new sony camera maybe its the settings

lbaize3
05-09-2012, 12:30 PM
I have Kodiak software that came with my 12 meg camera. You have to save the picture as email pictures. The Software automatically brings the picture down to posting size.