PDA

View Full Version : Good news X 10

nighthunter
04-13-2007, 05:32 PM
I just read the post about good news. It was and is good news but mine puts it to shame. I had an an appointment with the hemotoligy / oncology doctor yesterday and she told me my platelet count has come up 25% from the last test. It pretty much made my day. More so than the 55 gallon drum of WW I scored at the truck service dept. I didn't need a lottery ticket after that news. I thank God for every day that I have now. We find out too late in life that no one is guaranteed 80 years. I'm not going to give a religious speech to you guys, We all make our choices and we all take our chances. I would not or will not change the life I have had.
Nighthunter

DLCTEX
04-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Congratulations on the good report! When you have looked the end in the eye, life is much more appreciated. Dale

Phil
04-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Darned good news on both counts! Congratulations and best wishes for continued good reports. Life sure is fragile isn't it?

Cheers,

Phil

trk
04-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Indeed good news.

I just got back the report from my first colonoscopy. Everything looked good, took out a small pollup.

I was a little disappointed though.

When I set up the appointment I asked specifically if the doctor could give me written certification that I wasn't full of it.

I did get the bill, but no certification.

Bigscot
04-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Congrats!

I find as I get older (mid 40's) things affect me differently and I am not as invincible as I once was.

Bigscot

Ohio Rusty
04-14-2007, 09:46 AM
....... And that lack of invincibility becomes even greater when you pass 50 !! I promise.
Ohio Rusty

Phil
04-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Passed fifty years ago. So I can validate what Ohio Rusty said about that in bunches. I've got things going wrong with parts I never knew I had until they started spoiling.

Cheers,

Phil

Underclocked
04-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Big congrats from a survivor (so far). Will be ten years this fall since my battle started with stage 3 colon cancer.