PDA

View Full Version : Proof my wife knows what she's talking about

Bret4207
04-13-2007, 02:58 PM
So for some time I've been looking on Ebay for some reasonably priced factory mags for my Star PD, the original chopped 45. Prices kept climbing and climbing and I was getting used to the idea of ill fitting 1911 mags having to work. The other day I was sorting through a pile of stuff in the attic looking for a K frame S+W holster I had "safely stored where I wouldn't lose it". I never found the holster but I did stumble onto the PD box. Heard something clunk when I nudged it. Yup. 2 factory magazines.

Now I know why they make me sew a name tag to my uniform.....

leftiye
04-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, I'll bet you're still very happy to find those mags. I went for years with only one EAA witness .45 ACP mag because they cost $40. Found them on fleabay for $16 for two of em.

TAWILDCATT
04-13-2007, 05:08 PM
CDNN investments have very good prices and many mags.as well as scopes.
:Fire: :coffee:

S.R.Custom
04-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey Brett, what do you use for buffers? I'm down to my last one...

Nardoo
04-15-2007, 08:04 AM
My wife does not need proof. She just talks an' talks and nobody is game to stop her.

Trooper Bret, I too wear a name tag but I assumed it was for other people's benefit.

Nardoo

Bret4207
04-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Nardoo- There's been talk of having me sew it on upside down so I can read it easier when trying to remember who I am, but I forget who had the idea.

Supermag- I use standard 1911 buffers. I should say "buffer" as I've only put 1 in so far. I had to trim a little IIRC. The Star is my "carry a lot, shoot a little" gun. I used to see 2 or 3 in every shop around here. Now I never see any and I'm scared to death I'm going to break something and be out the nicest 1911 carry gun made. Darn sure I'll never dry fire it. I did find a firing pin source at Bobs Gun Shop- www.gun-parts.com

S.R.Custom
04-16-2007, 03:12 AM
Yeah, those of us with a Star PD jones have got it bad. Personally, I'm glad I have a gunsmith/machinist as my best friend. I'd advise you to make similar friends. :mrgreen: