PDA

View Full Version : Graduation

runfiveswife
05-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Hey all you uncles and friends out there... Dawn is graduating from Soda Springs High School on May 25. Just wanted to let you all know.

bbs70
05-06-2012, 01:12 PM
March?

Wayne Smith
05-06-2012, 01:34 PM
I hope she means May! Congrats!

waksupi
05-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Good news Alice, and congratulations, Dawnikins! See what happens when you come to chat, for homework help?

oneokie
05-06-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm confused. Congratulations to Dawn.

gon2shoot
05-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Congrats!! Had my doubts there for awhile. (when Ric was helping with homework)

Bob Krack
05-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Hey Alice (and Dawn), if it IS March 25 I'm either too late or still got plenty of time to prepare a congratulation.

If it is May 25 (my graduation was May 25, 1961), then CONGRATULATIONS! I'll be watching for pictures and may your life be filled with much happiness and just enough sorrow to make you realize how happy the other times really are! Love ya like a granddaughter Dawn.

Bob

Recluse
05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Congrats to the graduate (Dawn) and congrats to the graduate's family.

:coffee:

DRNurse1
05-06-2012, 06:10 PM
One small step for the family, one large leap for the graduate (begging Neil Armstrongs pardon). Dawn, may you have a blessed and exciting life with fair winds and following seas.
DRNurse1

runfiverun
05-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey all you uncles and friends out there... Dawn is graduating from Soda Springs High School on may 25. Just wanted to let you all know.

i meant may sorry guys

southpaw
05-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Congrats! College?

Jerry Jr.

OBIII
05-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Runfive's family:
Congratulations to Dawn for making it through.
Congratulations to Father and Mother for not terminating her before she achieved this goal.
Congratulations to All of You, and best wishes for all of your future endeavors.

OB

gray wolf
05-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I'll make it simple, congratulation to everyone I hope everyone is happy and healthy and you all have nothing but the best in the future.
Very nice news to hear.

Stick_man
05-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Congrats Dawn! That is a great step in life. Without a highschool diploma, your options are so limited. You will now be opening many doors toward doing whatever you desire doing. Any thoughts toward college yet?

MT Gianni
05-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Congratulations both to Dawn for getting it done and for those in her life that gently push and nudge.

runfiveslittlegirl
05-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Mom.... '-.- you post after I say no AND get it wrong plus five! =D
Thanks to everyone! =]
And as for college.. I am to broke for that so.. moving and a job.. while filing for grants and applying to scholarships; however, I got kind of screwed on scholarships from school because all the deadlines were april 16th and they gave me the papers on may 1st. So no idea where life is going. but its going.

btroj
05-07-2012, 07:32 AM
I have a daughter graduating this weekend.
Congrats on having a plan on how to get ahead in life. Keep looking at grants and scholarships, of you can find a way to further your education it can certainly be worth it.

I wish you luck in your future. Work hard and good things will happen.

41 mag fan
05-07-2012, 08:12 AM
I danced a jig when both my kids graduated. Danced a bigger jig when they both moved out.
Now momma walks around the house naked and i dance a jig to that too!!

RugerFan
05-07-2012, 08:19 AM
I danced a jig when both my kids graduated. Danced a bigger jig when they both moved out.

I resemble that remark : D Yes, congrats Dawn! well done.

41 mag fan
05-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Mom.... '-.- you post after I say no AND get it wrong plus five! =D
Thanks to everyone! =]
And as for college.. I am to broke for that so.. moving and a job.. while filing for grants and applying to scholarships; however, I got kind of screwed on scholarships from school because all the deadlines were april 16th and they gave me the papers on may 1st. So no idea where life is going. but its going.

Heres a piece of advice that will work, if you try and apply it.
Your first semester you would have to take a student loan out. But if you put the nose to the grindstone and make the grades, the scholarships and grants will pay for all of your tuition from then on, as long as you keep the grades up.
I know this as this was my path, and the path my cousin took. Unfortunatley I had 2 kids, I was raising on my own, with no family near, and a full time job. So when I pulled a 4.0 after the first semester, all University fees was paid for with a few thousand left over. But I couldn't do it with a 6 & 7 yr old to raise.

Now my cousin, he did the same thing, and the next 5 1/2 yrs of tuition and misc fees were all covered. Only thing he had to do was work part time, to pay for his extras.
Now speed it up 13 yrs later to this date and my son is doing the same thing. Next semester will be 100% free, because he pulled the grades, and the college got him the grants and scholarships.
I hope this helps.

MT Gianni
05-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Dawn, one of the crazy things in life is that you can get a better paying job while attending a college or trade school than you can as a HS Graduate. It doesn't make sense but it seems so.

dragonrider
05-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Congratulations Dawn.

runfiveslittlegirl
05-07-2012, 05:04 PM
41 I will try that once I get on my feet and doing what I need to do! Thank you!

runfiveswife
05-19-2012, 11:02 PM
ok so we have 6 days to go then it is graduation this is going way to fast wow i hope i make it with out bawling my head off..

oneokie
05-19-2012, 11:13 PM
ok so we have 6 days to go then it is graduation this is going way to fast wow i hope i make it with out bawling my head off..

The mother of the graduate is supposed, and allowed to do that.

runfiveslittlegirl
05-30-2012, 10:23 PM
She didn't quite make it. She ended up in tears.

btroj
05-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Dawn, my wife shed a tear at my daughters graduation earlier this month. Oddly, my wife's name is Dawn!
While my daughter was at a few graduation parties my wife and I went out and bought ourselves graduation gifts, we figured we had accomplished something too! Heck, the kid was still alive!

Congrats, dream big, and never stop dreaming.

Blacksmith
05-30-2012, 11:30 PM
All her uncles here that helped with her homework so she could graduate should buy themselves a new mould!

runfiveslittlegirl
05-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Had a fun weekend! It was interesting!

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/_DnA_/Mobile%20Uploads/0522122001.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/_DnA_/Mobile%20Uploads/0526121951.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/_DnA_/Mobile%20Uploads/0525121439a.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/_DnA_/Mobile%20Uploads/0525122114.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/_DnA_/IMAG0125.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/_DnA_/IMAG0139.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/_DnA_/IMAG0138.jpg

runfiveslittlegirl
05-31-2012, 06:52 PM
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/_DnA_/01.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/_DnA_/123456.jpg

redneckdan
05-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Here is my 2 cents as a recent college grad. Some one will probably come along in a bit and say the exact opposite.

Don't feel like you have to go to college right away. If you are not sure what you want to study you may want to get out in the world and figure out what you like. I highly recommend leaving your home town if possible. I left and went back 4 years later to visit. Same people doing the same thing. It was like the time hadn't even elapsed. If you want to change and grow up, ya gotta leave home.

A person can waste a lot of time and money jumping from major to major. When choosing a major be sure to do a lot of research into job placement for that degree and that particular school. I know a lot of recent grads who can't find work because of the major they chose. They only thing worse than working at McDonalds as a high school grad is working there as a college degree holder $80,000 in debt.

Learn some skills. Working on cars, welding, machining, electrical work whatever. My Opa made it very clear to me that an economy is constantly fluctuating, the more skills you have the better your odds of making it through rough patch. His advice paid off during college. I hopped from job to job but never was without work. Even during the recent down turn.

Your ability to gather financial aid greatly improves in 3 situations; you join the military, you get married or you turn 23 years old. After one of the those events your parents income and assets no longer count against you on the FAFSA form that you will need to fill out to apply for most college aid. Before getting married Jen and I were barely scraping though, she was in worse shape then me because of her parent's income level. I spent a lot of afternoons in the woods doing home work waiting for dinner to come along for the both of us.

Hopefully you decide on a field that is of some use ie something outside the humanities department. You will probably get the chance to go out and work as an intern or co/op for a semester or more. Take every advantage of that opportunity. After graduation, companies will hire previous interns before even taking resumes from outsiders. An intern is a known quantity to the company.

That is about all I can think of at the moment.

Congratulations on your accomplishment. Life gets much better after high school.