PDA

View Full Version : Static charge in media

Longone
05-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Is anyone else having a problem with fine corn cob media obtaining a static charge and coating the inside of the brass case? I bought a quantity of CC media from Drillspot and with three different media polishes I can't seem to get away from it. I have two vibrator cleaners, RCBS and Lyman and it happens in both. There has to be a way to eliminate the static build up between the plastic tub and the media just haven't found it yet.
It's not that the cases are wet or too much polish because the media will just brush out with an acid brush or blow out with compressed air.

With the larger CC I used to use I never experienced this problem, it's pretty frustrating.

Longone

Westwindmike
05-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Put one or two used dryer sheets in the bowl with your cases. It will stop static cling and catch a lot of the dust produced. They come out almost black when I use them.

LUBEDUDE
05-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Put one or two used dryer sheets in the bowl with your cases. It will stop static cling and catch a lot of the dust produced. They come out almost black when I use them.

Zactly!