PDA

View Full Version : CCI350's in the 10mm auto

subsonic
05-06-2012, 09:03 AM
I've been googling and it seems the CCI350 is what everybody wants in their 10mm auto. Sounds like a poor choice to me, but hey, what the heck, if it works I won't argue.

Do y'all like it because you get higher velocities (raises pressures or helps with slow powders) or do you use it because everybody else does? Or do you get better accuracy?

:bigsmyl2:

44man
05-06-2012, 02:14 PM
I've been googling and it seems the CCI350 is what everybody wants in their 10mm auto. Sounds like a poor choice to me, but hey, what the heck, if it works I won't argue.

Do y'all like it because you get higher velocities (raises pressures or helps with slow powders) or do you use it because everybody else does? Or do you get better accuracy?

:bigsmyl2:
Poor choice! Actually the case should use a SP primer.

Lloyd Smale
05-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Dont know 44man. My old 610 using cci 350s with aa9 and a 180 lee tn was THE MOST accurate N frame ive ever owned or shot. I used 350s with it with aa9,820,110 and 296. Didnt have to but did because i got better accuracy with them or other mag primers. Ive now got a glock 20 and its done its best with 820 and a 350 too. To be fair though i havent done hardly any load developement on that one. Now i would go use them with power pistol or unique or anything any faster burning but they do just fine with the slower powders. Was putting large primers in it a mistake? I dont know. Case capasity isnt that much smaller then a 41 mag and it uses large primers. I do wish they would have used small primers though. For a different reason. It sure would be nice to set up a press to do both 40s and 10s without swapping primer setups.

subsonic
05-07-2012, 08:19 AM
I agree on the having to swap out the primer setup!

I wonder if there were ever any cases that could be found with small pockets just to try?

Once I get going with the G20 I will try it both ways across the chrono and on the target and see what I get. I think with the rifling so close to the boolit, you don't have the problem with the primers pushing the boolits out like what may happen on revolvers.

I just put the Ameriglo tall suppressor sights on the G20. Not because I plan to run a suppressor (though I might), but because I wanted sights that stick up more so I can hold some front sight up in the rear notch for longer range and so I have a "hook" on the back of the slide to rack the slide with if I ever had to do it one handed. The stock sights just sit too low.

Would be cool to set it up like this: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/detail/IMG_25741.jpg

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/thumb/IMG_2098.1.jpg

44man
05-07-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't know but the 10 is a small case. I know the auto is not as picky as a revolver but I wonder if you even need powder with a mag primer? :kidding:
The .44 is 3X more accurate with standard primers and even the DE is more accurate with them. The .45 ACP works better with SP primers.
The 10 case is only . 740" long and you have to subtract the rim, extractor slot and seating depth. All loads are very fast powders in small amounts at high pressures.
If I owned one I would bush the pockets to try a SP primer to see.
It would be fun but I can't offer more because I just don't know.

Lloyd Smale
05-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Id be curious too. Like i said though at least in my guns the 350s do give better accuracy with the slower powders. Who knows though, change to powder charge up or down a grain and it may prefer a differnt primer

gunfan
05-09-2012, 08:19 PM
I agree on the having to swap out the primer setup!

I wonder if there were ever any cases that could be found with small pockets just to try?

Once I get going with the G20 I will try it both ways across the chrono and on the target and see what I get. I think with the rifling so close to the boolit, you don't have the problem with the primers pushing the boolits out like what may happen on revolvers.

I just put the Ameriglo tall suppressor sights on the G20. Not because I plan to run a suppressor (though I might), but because I wanted sights that stick up more so I can hold some front sight up in the rear notch for longer range and so I have a "hook" on the back of the slide to rack the slide with if I ever had to do it one handed. The stock sights just sit too low.

Would be cool to set it up like this: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/detail/IMG_25741.jpg

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/thumb/IMG_2098.1.jpg

Me likey! a 6 or 6.5" barrel would be a hot setup on the Glock 20. with the proper loads, you could get some boolits that would steam out of the pipe at a tremendous rate of speed! :grin:

Scott