PDA

View Full Version : Possible Belding and Mull drop tubes ?

brassrat
05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I am hoping to get some feedback on the desirability of Belding and Mull tubes and if it would be worth making and selling them. I realize that B+M will be soon be making the measures and tubes and that the net has the older ones. I have, recently, been messing around and I am very happy with my new basic design. The originals, I find, are hard to work with and can loosen up which is annoying. Mine will lock up tight and not need to be constantly calibrated for multiple loadings. This is just in the thinking stage, but whatever, I am in great shape, for my B+M loadings :D The greatest machine eva. I am retiring my homemade dips. Please PM me with any interest :grin: The first order is already reserved :coffeecom

Kevin Rohrer
05-05-2012, 06:49 AM
You would have to sell them for less than B&M as well as Ebay. Someone there already makes and sell after-market tubes.

brassrat
05-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Well I guess that production will be slowing down from its current status as nonexistent. :neutral: If I can block all net searches, maybe I have a chance lol.. I do believe the E-bay guy has given up as well, at least on E-bay.

Longwood
05-05-2012, 11:26 AM
If you are willing to work for less than anyone else, go for it.
It's the new, "American way".

Whether you like it or not.

John Boy
05-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Belding and Mull is back in business ... http://www.beldingandmull.com/products.html
Since BACO no longer has them on there website, would believe B&M is selling them direct

Have a vintage Magnum Micrometer. It is new in the box, all paper work included. Price then was $23.95 retail

brassrat
05-05-2012, 08:16 PM
The new B+M micrometer is like $38. I just do not wanna keep fiddling with it when changing for multiple loadings. In fact, mine is set with electrical tape to drop 23 gr. of 2230 powder. I don't have to worry about it moving and my little system of around five other tubes will give me preset and quickly reproducible drops of many more than five tubes. I am using around a dozen or more powders in seven calibers. Its probably at least a few dozen loads considering different bullet weights. etc.