PDA

View Full Version : Cast bullets for a .32 Ruger

Milton
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Sometime back I ordered a bunch of 115 grain cast bullets from Lynn Halstead and found out they were VERY accurate! Now they are just about gone and I need something at least to approach the quality of Lynn's bullets. Lynn said that the mould was a Magma 32 115 RNFP;they were sized .313. These are to be loaded in a .32 H&R Ruger.Can someone help?

Bodydoc447
04-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Saeco makes a dandy little mould for this bullet. We had a group buy on this style ( 115 RNFP)a while back and folks have been pretty happy with it. Lyman makes this in a two cavity mould but the Saeco can be had in four cavity. Since I like the .32s so much I generally think of 4 or six cavity moulds. RCBS makes a 32 SWC which is a nice design and quite accurate in .32s by reports on this forum. That boolit had a group buy recently too. That one may be repeated this summer. I can recommend both the Saeco and the GB boolit as good in my Ruger .32s.

Doc

Dale53
04-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Bodydoc447;
I have to agree with you on all counts. I have shot the RCBS 98 gr Keith and it is an excellent mould for the .32's. I have the GB 100 gr Keith six cavity Lee and it is my present standard. I also have the GB 120 gr RF, and it shoots very well in all of my pistols and one TC carbine. If you prefer a heavier bullet, that is a good candidate.

You might ask on here if anyone wants to get rid of theirs.

Dale53

Milton
04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the help but I am looking for a source for the finished bullets.

45nut
04-12-2007, 07:55 PM
try dan @ bullshop...link below.

BigSlick
04-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Well I can tell you, if the 32 98 Keith GB comes around again I will be the first one in line for two or three.

I've been looking for someone to sell a spare, but so far, nothing has come up.

I took Dale's advice on the 98 SWC RCBS and just my luck, the darned thing is backordered.

I've got a 93gr Lee 6 banger 1R stock mould, but haven't shot any of the bullets yet, since I'm spoiled rotten when it comes to shooting gear and I haven't fully gotten over missing the GB on the 98gr Keith. If I kick myself in the backside any more, I'm gonna need a new set of knee caps.

Besides, I need all the help I can get in the accuracy dept.

If any of you fine folks happen to have a spare of the GB 32 98 Keith, please send me a PM.

Will buy or trade.

'Slick
________
Dorino Serafini (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Dorino_Serafini)

Milton
04-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks everybody,especially 45nut ! I'll try some of those bullets.