PDA

View Full Version : 4th of may

Chicken Thief
05-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Dont recon most of you would think much of this date, but:
It was the date of capitulation by the German troops in: The Nederlands, Northwestern Germany and Denmark at 8.36pm.

That deed was solely brought on by you guys, remember?

Thank you mates, for me not speaking german!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x101airborne
05-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Bittesheurn!
Seriously, though.... I am glad many of us still remember the late generations deeds and bravery. Had they not done what they did, we may all be speaking German.

Bullet Caster
05-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Ich glauba ya. BC

Tom W.
05-04-2012, 07:24 PM
It's also my late father's birthday, and the 43rd ( I believe) anniversary of the Kent state Shooting...

William Yanda
05-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Ich glauba ya. BC
?Bedoiten Sie; Ich glaube ja?

runfiverun
05-04-2012, 09:14 PM
we were 1 vote from speaking german instead of english 150 years before that.
wonder how different the world would be had that vote gone the other way?

454PB
05-04-2012, 09:32 PM
May the 4th be with you.

NVcurmudgeon
05-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Not solely brought on by Americans, there was a lot of Danish resistance. I knew a naturalized American who was a member of the Danish police and a member of the underground. Luckily he got the word that his group was about to be rounded up and escaped to England. Also, Danes saved a lot of innocent lives by smuggling all or most of the Danish Jews to neutral Sweden.

Thanks to you and your compatriots. Does Denmark still commemerate American Independence Day?

OBIII
05-05-2012, 12:30 AM
As is our usual practice, we will not demand tribute or sacrifices from you. Just a resting place for our fallen. I will, however, say that to you and all those touched by our previous generations sacrifices, You are most Welcome. (We had to cover our butt too!)

Chicken Thief
05-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Not solely brought on by Americans, there was a lot of Danish resistance. I knew a naturalized American who was a member of the Danish police and a member of the underground. Luckily he got the word that his group was about to be rounded up and escaped to England. Also, Danes saved a lot of innocent lives by smuggling all or most of the Danish Jews to neutral Sweden.

Thanks to you and your compatriots. Does Denmark still commemerate American Independence Day?

Yes Sir!
It's a big thing in a town called Rebild.
http://www.visitaalborg.com/international/en-gb/menu/tourist/oplevelser/events/rebild-festival.htm