PDA

View Full Version : My Doc's never heard of lead blood tests!

303Guy
05-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Went to my Doc and he said "Time for blood tests" so I asked for lead and mercury. He didn't know they could do lead tests (or mercury). Anyway, they can't do mercury (need a pathologist) but they can do lead. Doc was most interested in making boolits and loading and asked if it was perhaps a bit risky. I explained it is if one doesn't take proper precautions.

Anyway, while there, as they do, he took my blood pressure. He looked surprised and commented I had healthy blood pressure for my age (hey, I'm only 59). Apparently 110 over 70 is good - very good. According to the 'net the 'suggested optimum' is 120 over 80. Hey, that's a bit of welcome good news after all the doom and gloom I've been going through! Must be all the rabbit I've been eating!:mrgreen:

jblee10
05-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Seriously? Are you sure he is an MD? I like it that he may be interested in casting, but he is an idiot in medicine.

edler7
05-04-2012, 01:01 AM
What do you call the guy that graduates at the bottom of his medical school class ?

Doctor.

starmac
05-04-2012, 01:27 AM
There are only two professions that is called practicing, one is medicine.

303Guy
05-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Lead is obviously not a concern here. He just didn't know that our state labs did lead tests since he's never been asked to have it done. Not defending his medical skills, mind you.

Doctors get upset if you ask them why they are always 'practising'.

JeffinNZ
05-04-2012, 06:17 AM
My doctor new about it. Get a new 'quack'.