PDA

View Full Version : Coils of Aluminum Material

tchepone
05-03-2012, 05:55 PM
[smilie=s: I placed an order with "Yonky", for a couple coils of .016" x .625" aluminum, on the 27th of April. The material arrived today. The service was great! We emailed each other several times while waiting for the material to arrive. The material is exactly as promised and is nice looking stuff. Now I need to get the FreeChex III fired up and make some checks.
You have to watch out for that Englishman. He's a great salesman! His only weakness I have found is, he thinks we Colonists need some educating on how we drink our beer. :wink: His idea is that it should be drank at room temperature. I think it will take some serious work to convince him that 34°-39°F is a proper temp for beer. :idea: Maybe I could send him some of our cans that turn blue when the proper temp is reached.
Also, if we could get him to move his company to the colonies we could all save a bunch on postage!!
All in all a very pleasant process and I plan to order again in the future. No worries in doing business with Yonky.

I

JeffinNZ
05-03-2012, 06:26 PM
The English don't actually drink beer. They guzzle it...... ;-)

shdwlkr
05-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Not true a true Englishman uses a funnel and an a keg to drink from or is that the Irish or German I forget.
The reason they like their beer warm is refrigeration is new thing to them and they just never learned to like a good cold beer. The Germans and Irish like their beer at room temperature also.
I am so glad I don't anymore to many health issues to deal with in my case.

tchepone
05-03-2012, 08:53 PM
The English don't actually drink beer. They guzzle it...... ;-)

JeffinNZ:

Wow, aren't you being a little tough on your English brethren there? Or am I misinterpreting the word guzzle? :kidding:

How do you folks drink your beer? Cold, Warm? I've tried both, cold is the only way for me.

miestro_jerry
05-03-2012, 09:54 PM
It's room temperature.

Jerry

yonky
05-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Hang on a minute boys, your making me sound like an alcoholic!, however I do like a beer.
First of all what you call beet is lager and yes it is served cold and yes when I'm on holiday somewhere warm there is nothing better than a nice cold lager.
But " real ale" as we englishman call it is "the dogs bollocks"
Don't take my word for it come on over and sample it, many Americans that come into our pub have been converted , and have left the pub walking like baby giraffes!
One other fact you may want to know is no we don't all talk like dick van dyke in Mary poppins! Lol
Now must get back to my guzzling .....

Wal'
05-04-2012, 03:57 AM
[QUOTE=tchepone;1698305]JeffinNZ:

Wow, aren't you being a little tough on your English brethren there? Or am I misinterpreting the word guzzle? :kidding:

You can never be to hard on our English brethren, especially after the last couple of Tests. :-) :-) :-) :kidding:

yonky
05-04-2012, 04:05 AM
Are cricket the quentisental game we took to the colonies, a game our American friends don't understand. Played for 5 days and you can still have a draw!

Wal'
05-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Not only the cricket, but rugby as well, come on ;-)

JeffinNZ
05-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Not only the cricket, but rugby as well, come on ;-)

Au contraire. Rugby hardly ever ends in a draw..........unless they have been 'guzzling'.

Wal'
05-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Au contraire. Rugby hardly ever ends in a draw..........unless they have been 'guzzling'.

Hang on a minute here, I think "guzzling" is an Australian attribute that we still do well, cricket & rugby :cry: at the moment, well thats another story. :violin:

skeet1
05-04-2012, 10:39 PM
yonky,
Why don't you tell us about your .016" X .625" aluminum coils, length and cost. Is this material soft or will it need to be annealed?

Ken

yonky
05-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Ok ,I will put my glass down for a moment.
The parent coil is already annealed before slitting , the spec is 3003
When slit to 5/8" it covers all calibres I have it in .015 & .016"
Coil lengths are 100 feet. Now where did I put that glass...

yonky
05-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Oops, for got to say I also have 5/8" x.008" in annealed coils as well, price for all gauges is $ 10. Plus our over priced postage to us. Or anywhere