PDA

View Full Version : Problems registering on the site

Ben
05-02-2012, 07:29 PM
I have two friends that I've tried to encourage to register and come on board here on the site.

Both received this :

Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error.
I don't have any clue why it won't let me register, am I doing something wrong or is it just an error?

Both have G Mail accounts and neither are spamers.

? ? ?

What should they do ?

Trey45
05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Use the forum feedback feature found at the bottom of the page, send in an email to the administrator explaining what, why and how. The "contact us" button does it.

If they registered and were banned shortly after, do you know if they used a URL in their signature or profile that advertised a business or service? That's a great way to get banned.

Ben
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
do you know if they used a URL in their signature or profile that advertised a business or service? That's a great way to get banned.

No none of those things.

I have no idea why both are having problems.

Both are good people and have normal G mail accounts that they don't abuse.

Trey45
05-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Have them both use the contact us button, it will get settled as soon as we have more info from them.

Ben
05-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Will do -------------thanks.

Ben

Gunload Master
05-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Our system uses a cross checking method that checks the individuals IP address , E-mail, and username against a database of known spammers. The only thing I can think of is they might be picking a username that is associated with a spam account. They can try to pick a new username and try it or they can just use the contact us button to get their account setup manually.