PDA

View Full Version : Makers Mark

WildmanJack
05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Forgive me if this has been asked before.. But.. Does anyone know what kindof wax is used to seal the tops of my favorite bourbon.. Makers Mark?????
Jack

runfiverun
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
parrafin.

Trey45
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
My understanding is that it used to be Carnuba, now it's some kind of plastic and not wax anymore.

WildmanJack
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
OH !!! Dam I thought it might have been Carnuba, but it's pretty hard.. Thanks.. I'm just gonna throw it away.. Oh just the wax not the Makers Mark LOLOL
Jack

beagle
05-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Got a neighbor that works for them where they remove the good stuff from the barrels, I'll ask him. That stuff straight from the barrel before strainning and blending will remove hair off your chest, kill darn near any kind of pest and you can definitely feel the first shot hit bottom./beagle

WildmanJack
05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah, but I'll bet it tastes sooooo good !!!! LOLOL

fishnbob
05-01-2012, 05:58 PM
The last bottle I opened a coupla weeks ago was plastic. My wife buys a cheese at Kroger that is about the size of a half dollar that is wrapped in what looks like carnuba wax. I've saved up a sandwich bag full and I'm gonna try it next time I make some loob. I'll check the label and see it they ID it.

Frank46
05-01-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm not familiar with Maker's Mark (the booze not the wax) but you should try some shliovitz (spelling?) that stuff is great on a cold day. Burns all the way down and when it hit's the stomach is like a bomb going off. Great stuff. Frank

44man
05-03-2012, 08:17 AM
If I ever bought a bottle of Maker's Mark, it would get locked in the safe so it is harder to get to! :bigsmyl2:
Otherwise a bottle is only good for 3 days! [smilie=l:
If you want carnauba wax, go to Majestic Mountain Sage. They have 1# containers of flakes---CHEAP. They have good prices on tubs of lanolin too.

Geraldo
05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm not familiar with Maker's Mark (the booze not the wax) but you should try some shliovitz (spelling?) that stuff is great on a cold day. Burns all the way down and when it hit's the stomach is like a bomb going off. Great stuff. Frank

Slivovitz. You're supposed to sip it, not drink it like a shot. At least that's what the Serbs told me.

Moonman
05-03-2012, 09:42 AM
NO Wax, No More.
PLASTIC !!!!
It's SIPPIN" Stuff, Ya drink water.

Boz330
05-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Got a neighbor that works for them where they remove the good stuff from the barrels, I'll ask him. That stuff straight from the barrel before strainning and blending will remove hair off your chest, kill darn near any kind of pest and you can definitely feel the first shot hit bottom./beagle

Yeh but it does warm you up on a cold winters night. I got a bottle for a good deed I did back in the 70s. Definitely sippin Bourbon. Jim Beam right from the barrel is pretty tasty as well. Funny thing was I never drank Bourbon up till I got that Makers straight from the barrel. Made a convert out of me.

Bob

Tom-ADC
05-03-2012, 03:00 PM
That's why I drink Jim Beam's Devils Cut! No plastic to fool with.

Bullet Caster
05-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah. It's plastic now and NOT wax. BC

Frank46
05-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Geraldo, my dad was old country even though he was born here. He was asking where to get some and since there was a liquor store nearby went and got some. After shoveling the snow would get a shot glass full to warm up. GREAT stuff. Don't see it in any of the stores here in Louisiana. Frank

WILCO
05-05-2012, 12:45 PM
After shoveling the snow would get a shot glass full to warm up.

Whenever I do the snow removal, there's always two shots. One of Brandy for me, and one of Ether for the snow thrower...........