PDA

View Full Version : Browning Mountain Rifle Value

Krfresno
04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
I have had a browning mountain rifle 45 cal in brass in the back on my safe for a long time. Was wondering if anyone had any idea what kind of value these have currently.

Thanks for the help.

Nobade
05-01-2012, 07:53 AM
People seem to think those rifles have great collector value and list them on Gunbroker for $600 or $700, but nobody bids on them. So what is the real value? Hard to say unless one were listed for $1 and allowed to be bid up. The main question is what is it worth to you?

05-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Yep hard to say. I've never owned one but have shot a couple. They shoot well. One of the better factory MLs from the late 70s. With the market swinging so far to the inlines the last few years hard to say how strong the market really is... I'd guess somewhere similar to the T/Cs from that same vintage. You can watch one here listed on gunbroker and see if it sells. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=284523933

troy_mclure
05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
even the inline values are dropping now too as many states are allowing cartridge design(.45/70 etc...) guns during primitive season.

Coffeecup
05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I've always sort of liked the Brownings, so I kept an eye on auction results earlier this year while window-shopping for a new rifle. Not a lot of them sold (11), but here's what I saw.

Actual final prices seemed to average around $450-550. Brass or iron mounts didn't seem to affect final results of the auction, but did seem to influence how long it was for sale (iron preferred). Most common caliber seems to be .50; both .54s sold at what seemed to be a slight premium based on condition, and .45s seemed to sell a bit slower. Most of the ones for sale seemed to be NIB or near-new, I don't recall seeing a well-used hunting rifle for sale.