PDA

View Full Version : my little toy

number7tn
04-30-2012, 04:12 AM
here is a savage 110 in 300 win mag. i got this last october, i had been hunting something bigger than a 30-06 and had looked a long time to find something local, well the last pawn shop we went in that day had this, it looked ruff, stock needed refinished, had a el cheapo sling on it , it did have a good bushnell 3-9x40sport view scope on it with redfeild 2 piece mounts.i almost left it there as he wanted 400 + tax and 10 dollar background check, as we was walking out i offered 350cash otd, he said 365 , ended up paying $360 out the door.

when i got a box of factory win 150gr ammo and saw how good it shot , i done a few upgrades.
ordered a stockys stock ($200+ship) boyds was out of stock on the prarie hunter i wanted.
then i got the konus scope ($300)
weaver 1 piece mount and their 6hole 30mm rings, i think for around 50 total , i got a acraglass kit at my local gun shop whitch i think was $25.
the sling is off of a gun my papaw left me when he passed away in 99.

i bedded the stock, floated the barrell and tang, used jb weld to bed the scope mount
cleaned up the trigger/sear and adjusted it , it very easily breaks like glass witn no over travel.

i really need to re blue everything now but i havent done it yet. also been thinking of getting a stainless barrell but dont think i will ttill this one shoots out as it is more accurate than i can shoot.

anyway i might have a lot more money in it than its worth, maybe not im not sure but i just had to get a piece at a time as i could afford it.

between my pic takin skills and my antique camera these pics aint very good but here it is, what do youall think?

hope all has a great day
GOD BLESS
Darrell

boltons75
04-30-2012, 05:05 AM
Nice looking rifle, my 300 win mag savage is the 116 fsak, stainless fluted with a muzzle break with a vari x 3 mounted up top. One of these days I'm going to get rid of the factory plastic stock and put a nice one on it.

Always carry, never tell.

Always carry, never tell.

number7tn
04-30-2012, 05:24 AM
thanks for the reply i appriciate it. i would love a 116 , one of these days. id like to build one in 338 lapua mag or 338-378weatherby ,, maybe 416 weatherby mag. but i also have been thinking of something in the 6.5 to 7mm.
maybe one of these days.

thanks again for the reply and compliment.
GOD BLESS
Darrell