PDA

View Full Version : Got a S&W 15/22 ??

Jack Stanley
04-29-2012, 09:46 PM
I really don't know why but I have at least stopped at the tables that have had the S&W AR look-alikes chambered in 22LR . So before I find myself walking out of a store/gun show with one in a box would you guys give me a little insight to them ? I've seen 'em in black , camo in two colors I think , with a flash hider , without , long magazine , short ones .

I haven't bought a Smith & Wesson since they made their deal with the devil and hitlery and I'm still not real sure I'll get one of these . There is something there though [smilie=l: I might find a deal I can't refuse and have the money just start jumping out .

Thanks guys , Jack

Piedmont
04-30-2012, 12:40 AM
They are supposed to work. What turned me against them was reading how using a different hold on a rest affected point of impact. There is flex in these, maybe a plastic receiver? I didn't want any part of that and bought a Sig 522 and am very happy with it. The Sig has an aluminum receiver.

These are a ball to shoot and cheap with no brass pick up or handloading. Since my zombie hoards are imaginary I went with the .22 LR rather than a centerfire.

birdadly
04-30-2012, 10:29 AM
I've had one since fall of '09. It's all black without the flash hider. It may have been just before those came available I believe. It came with a 25-round magazine. They also make 10-rounders for certain states. I've seen a "how-to" to convert a 25-rounder into a 10, which looked pretty neat.

I don't shoot it nearly as often as when I first got it. It was my first (and still is my only) 22 rifle. I recall the only problem I had was now and then a spent case wouldn't eject fully and thus jam the next round. I get that in my 22 pistol too, so maybe I'm unlucky or it's a 22 thing.

I liked shooting it with just iron sights, but I put a 3x9 scope on it and it can be a tac-driver. I did break it out 2 weekends ago and dropped 50 rounds through it at 100 yards. I knew the last time I shot it I was shooting 50 yards, so aimed high about 6" and they were dropping on paper right from the get-go, at 100 yards. That was pretty neat. -Brad

oldsgm
05-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I like using a 22lr conversion kit in my Ar's instead of a dedicated rifle. It allows me to shoot both with one rifle. For what I do with it, accuracy is acceptable. If you don't have an existing AR then its a toss up.