PDA

View Full Version : Range Day

Navahojoe
04-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Good day at the range today. Gave the New Model BlackHawk .45 Colt, Single Six .32 H&R Mag, the .22 Single Six and the MKII .22 a good work out. I shot about 100 rounds or so in each. The .45 Colt is as dependable and steady as ever. Good shooter!

I had put new front and back sights on the Single six .22. New Marbles ramp mount ivory 1/16 dot. Old eyes, you understand. I could not see the old front blade factory sight. I got it sighted in and Boy!, can that gun shoot.

The MKII .22 auto had a trigger job performed on it by my nephew. He brought it down from rough and creepy. to 4 1/2 lbs according to his RCBS trigger pull gage. Needless to say, that trigger is as smooth as a new born baby's butt.

Just working up loads for the .32 Mag. It shoots down about 3 inches down and to the left about 1 1/2. I haven't done anything to the fixed sights yet. I will finalize on a load for it before any sight work.

regards,
NavahoJoe

danski26
04-11-2007, 12:11 AM
I wrestled with my first MKII trigger job this winter. Ask your nephew how he took out the "play" in the hammer pivot pin. I ended up putting a hardened washer "milled to size" on it, to eliminate the play in the hammer. Im wondering if there is a better way.

My customers ended up with a "ok" two stage trigger. The only way i could get away from a "two stage" would be some serious work on the transfer bar. Did your nephew do that? Or leave it two stage like i did?

danski26
04-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Maybe i should clarify.......The "play" is on the hammer wich rides on the hammer pivot pin. The pin is a slip fit on the frame so no problem there. I even got a new hammer thinking the one in the pistol was out of spec, but to no avail. same sloppy fit. Maybe i should have gotten a larger pin, ream the frame and have a 0-0 slip fit on that hammer. "just thinking out loud"