PDA

View Full Version : I need a GunSmith that lives close by

gcollins
04-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi All,
I am looking for someone that will drill 3 holes in the top of my Mauser SR action!?
I know that I have at least 20 hrs of time envoled trying to convince my self that I have them marked at the right place! I would even pay a GS to center punch where to drill???? I live in S.E. Kansas and willing to drive 50 miles or so to get this done, I don't care if you don't have that peiece of paper that says what school ect. I just need those holes drilled in the right spot!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Greg

canyon-ghost
04-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Check out gunsmithing schools, you aren't far from several colleges that offer that. Then, again, the NRA has a gunsmithing institute in Trinadad, Colo.

MBTcustom
04-30-2012, 10:34 AM
I would be happy to do it for you but I'm more than 50 miles away.

Jammer Six
04-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Why, in this day of FedEx, do you need someone close by?

Goodsteel offered, and there are national reputations all living in the closest FedEx truck, man!

gcollins
04-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Tom, I will send you a email. Jammer Six, I don't know how the law reads it?? I shipped my Kimber 1911 back to Kimber and they sent it back in the mail??????? I don't have a problem shipping it to someone, if they don't mind getting it and doing the work and ship it back to me.
I am up to any idea's?
Greg

Moondawg
04-30-2012, 07:08 PM
You didn't say where in SE Kansas you lived but you can't be that far from Tulsa, and even closer to Bartelsville. Both places have gunsmiths. What you want done is a really simple basic gunsmithing task, so it should not be difficult finding a smith.

gcollins
04-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Moondawg,
thanks for your reply! Yes it is a simple thing to have done if you have jig. Here is my problem
$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have very much and I can't afford a Tulsa Gun Smith! I am not saying anything bad about any Gun Smith and for sure the Tulsa Guys. I build everything on the cheap! I am not asame of being Poor, I just MAD about it! I worked hard my whole life starting at the age of 12 years old operating a tractor (plowing, Disking,and just about every other thing except planting, my dad would never let me plant a crop because I said it would have to hire a Drunk to do the cultivating! I don't understand how SSD figures what you get, other than I had a 10 year period that my bother and I had a auto repair shop and didn't pay any SS. but it is hard to live on $1044.00 a month, that is why I build on the cheap.
Later
G