PDA

View Full Version : Taurus PT92 Slide Jammed Today Need Advise

H110
04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Here we go. Shot my Taurus PT92 today and after about 40 rounds the slide jammed about 1/8 to 3/16 inch back from battery. I guess this probably means the dreaded lug broke and now has her jammed up. It wont budge, the slide is far enough back to get the slide lock to turn but still wont budge. I purchased from a friend who had never shot it and I have put approximately 400 rounds through it.

Need advise. How is Taurus warranty and should I try and get it apart or what. I know some of you guy's have experience with this so I am all ears.

Thanks in advance for the replies as they are greatly appreciated.

H110:cry:

joec
04-27-2012, 07:15 PM
If you bought it in the last year Taurus will send a label for shipping it back to them if not you pay to ship it they will return. As for the warranty it is life time on the gun not the owner so even if sold it is covered. I've ordered parts and has taken 2 months to get and sent a gun back to get it back in 5 business days from the time they received it. So like most it depends on parts in stock and how back logged.

I also have a PT92 that I've put 5000 rounds through but bought a Beretta loading block which will also work in the PT92. I have it sitting till mine finally goes. If you ship it back though be sure it is empty when you do even if you do more damage to the gun as they will repair or replace period. Oh and call their number listed on line don't email as that is an absolute waste of time. Also recommend you read they returning a gun policy as to what they want so no problems with that and it is also listed with the full procedures for returning a gun at the Taurus site.

Mk42gunner
04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
I replaced somewhere around 50 locking blocks on Beretta's while I was in the Navy. It sounds to me like both sides of the lug may be broken on yours, (long distance diagnostics, no guarantee).

joes's advice sounds good to me.

Robert

H110
04-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Update, I finally got the slide of with wooden dowel and a good sharp rap. All I can see is a gouge in the locking block where the plunger encounters it. The plunger is also messed up a bit on the end. Question, the plunger falls out and also just spins when in place. Isn't the pin supposed to hold the plunger in or does it have pressure on it when assembled.

H110

Wally
04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
I had it happen as well---the barrel was slightly bent---I sent the bad barrel to Taurus and they sent me a new one with the locking jugs. I did not hot load it--but it had shot 5,000 rounds+...

ebner glocken
04-29-2012, 02:08 PM
It's been several years ago but the same thing happened with my taurus. This happened around 9000 rounds. Called their number, told them what was broke, they mailed me a new locking lug......no charge, no questions asked...

Ebner

EMC45
04-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Had a buddy's 92C and my brother was shooting it and the lug broke right off. Held the gun for quite a few years and finally called Taurus and got another locking block for it an got it back to my buddy. They sent it for free. Just wanted the serial #.

H110
07-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Update: Sent the gun to Taurus, they installed a new barrel and sent it back. Upon inspection I found that the new barrel has no rifling, just smooth as a baby's behind. Called Taurus, was told the barrels are on back order and they will ship me one as soon as they are available. That has now been 9 weeks ago. I called them back last week and was told sorry still waiting for the barrels to come in. We are now 12 plus weeks into this!

Lesson: lifetime warranties are a sales tool that don't mean squat when you cant get parts. I have came to the conclusion: Taurus is a cheap piece of **** and I will never own another one. My mamma always said: "You pay for what you get".

I will keep you informed.

H-110

subsonic
07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Hey, call the BATFE and report what happened. Taurus shipped you an NFA weapon! Seriously! You do not want to be caught with that thing!!!

bruce drake
07-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Taurus 92s are good kit. You are just dealing with a mistake from the factory regarding the replacement barrel. Call them again and explain the issue with the barrel and that you need your trouble ticket re-activated.