PDA

View Full Version : "O"- ring For LAM II

Longone
04-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Does anyone know the o-ring size that is used inside the lubersizer on the stem? Mine finally gave up and I'd like to finish sizing the boolits I've got ready to go. I know RCBS will send you some but it hardly seems worth it to make them send an o-ring across the country.

Thanks, Longone

Maven
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Longone, Take the piston with the RCBS "O" rings attached to Lowes, Home Depot or NAPA where the odds are in your favor of finding an exact match. Btw, the ones RCBS sent me didn't fit my piston. I wound up shimming it with some old plumbing washer forming stuff I had on hand (looks like leaded 1/16" rope). It works perfectly now.

cgm
04-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Checked my O rings.....I have size 18 and 17. It must be 17 because I remember the first one i purchased was too big!

You might even try 16....

BTW... they are in the plumbing section at Home Depot

Longone
04-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys, I'm going to grab a couple so I have one on hand for next time.

Longone

fishnbob
04-27-2012, 03:24 PM
It is supposed to be a #16 but you can match them up and they work ok. I think the thickness is more important than the dimension.

cgm
04-27-2012, 07:18 PM
It is supposed to be a #16 but you can match them up and they work ok. I think the thickness is more important than the dimension.

Yes! 16 it is..... Went back to my box and I found some smaller ones that were unlabeled. They are smaller than the 17's and are indeed thicker and provide a tighter seal. Sorry for steering you wrong....